Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Tripod Bag that will include MRotator Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kropke on October-03-2006 at 9:31pm
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

Hi:  I just purchased the the suggested Manfrotto tripod and MRotator TCS and was wondering if anyone had a link where I could purchase a bag that would hold both or does the MRotator come with something? 

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2006 at 1:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The MrotatorTCS is quite large and I doubt you will find a tripod bag big enough to cope. The MrotatorTCS is supplied in a cardboard box and foam padding.

You might like to find an aluminum box to transfer the foam from cardboard box.

Personally I just carry it on the tripod (camera and all). I find opening, closing transporting bags a pain in the rear. They get in your shots and blow in the wind etc.

I see you didn't order the MrotatorTCPS only the MrotatorTCS. This will mean even more of a pain because you will have to manually remove the camera from the panohead for packaging. Meaning also you will have to adjust the NPP each time. I would have got the "P" pro version with Manfrotto quick release.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kropke on October-04-2006 at 6:44am
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

Smooth: I think I left out a letter or two in the previous thread.  This is exactly what I ordered:  "MrotatorTCPshort" is this not the suggested one?  I already did order the tripod that I sent you the link to in another thread.

I do like the idea of not carrying bags since I am in and out of about eight houses a day.  Is there a type of hard case that I could put around the Canon 20d that would protect it while in transit?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register