Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: I must be an idiot... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by TCarr on October-13-2006 at 6:11pm
View TCarr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by TCarr Search   Visit TCarr's Homepage www   Quote TCarr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
TCarr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-02-2005
11 Posts

After spending thousands of dollars on Panoweaver 4, a Nikon D70, and Nikon 10.5mm lense, a 360 Precision head and a Bogen tripod, I now can't shoot panoramas that look anywhere near as good as my old Nikon 995 and Ipix software! After reading every message on this and many other boards, I am so frustrated I feel like trashing all this stuff!

I level the tripod, put the camera in manual mode, set manual focus, set the exposure lock on and set white balance to sunlight, then take six shots around and one up. I use a cap on the bottom. When using Panoweaver, I can't make it through 1 out of 5 sets without being asked to manually add control points, usually with a white ceiling or blue sky zenith shot that I can't make out one single matching point.

I'm ready just to pitch it all and go to VisualTours just so I can get something done and get on with my life.

If anyone can take a look at these photos (about 20MB, sorry) and tell me why they stitch to this piece of junk, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks
Tom

Message posted by use2bkewl on October-13-2006 at 6:57pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
I have your adzact setup and get this problem as well. I use F11 and iso 400 and it helps. I would have just use a sunny setting though instead of white balance but that is just me.

Message posted by use2bkewl on October-13-2006 at 6:58pm
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Make sure your focus is not auto running as well.

Message posted by VT360 on October-13-2006 at 10:04pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

i dont have the expensive setup you have,

but it looks like an exposure difference problem.

try setting the white balance, THEN lock the exposure.

ipox has always done a better job blending than panoweaver.

that has always been one of my complaints.

Message posted by use2bkewl on October-13-2006 at 10:27pm
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Wow learn something new white balancing into the sun gives a bettter picture than just sunny setting on a D70 , I need to try this.

Message posted by pixelator on October-13-2006 at 10:33pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

TCarr,

Downloaded your images and gave it a try.  The following is stitched in PW4, Full Frame 6 + X, 6 no top.  When it asked if I wanted to manual edit points chose no.  Result

As far as the exposure blending I too am learning how to do away with the dark to light issue, so I will not be of much help to you in that area.

As far as the stitching is concerned I will be doing nothing but guessing here.  The 360 precision head states the nodal point is identified and ready for camera mount and shoot.  At this point I feel something is not lining up correctly.  If you take images DSC_045 and DSC_046 and look closely at the sun in comparison to where the roof of the barn is, it is not lined up.  Looking at the stitched image above you can that the sun does not look as it should (looking at the single image of  DSC_045)

I am using a Canon with a Sigma 8mm (fisheye) and know nothing about your setup.  I did want to respond to let you know that I did give it a go but can not really tell you which direction to go, other than not to give up.  Hang in there, lot's of good help here on the forum.

To all others here on the forum;  Is there somewhere to tell PW4 how much overlap you want ?  Just another thought to this issue.

Regards, Pixel

Message posted by smooth on October-14-2006 at 5:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Fullscreen Flash Pano

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on October-14-2006 at 9:55am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Smooth... looks good from this point.  Work flow ?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by use2bkewl on October-14-2006 at 11:54am
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Thats not fair smooth come on. What did you do to create this?

Message posted by TCarr on October-14-2006 at 1:10pm
View TCarr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by TCarr Search   Visit TCarr's Homepage www   Quote TCarr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
TCarr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-02-2005
11 Posts

OK, Smooth, that's just embarrasing.....(and beautiful, because I know it can be done)

I can take constructive criticism, so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Pixel, thanks also for taking the time to download and stitch the pics. I think you may be right about the nodal point being off, so I need to look at that again. As far as the exposure goes, I still don't have a clue. I do set the white balance, the lock exposure in manual mode, so I don't understand why the shift from frame to frame.

But then again, they worked for Smooth.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register