Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Headache of Full frame 6+T+B? Panoweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by danny on October-19-2006 at 6:01am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

I know that many friends here would like to know something about Panoweaver and Tourweaver, so I decide to write some major featurs about them. This is the first article and others will follow in the coming days.

Full frame 6+T+B solution will produce the best effect while it is difficult to stitch. It needs patience and time.  Now you dont to worry about this problem anymore! Panoweaver 5 will stitch the best panoramic image automatically.

Panoweaver 5 adopts new arithmetic to improve quality of full frame 6+T+B and after test, it really brings nearly-perfect effect.

In order to show better, we use Panoweaver 4 to stitch the same fisheye images. Here is the pano:

www.easypano.com/temp/pwfour/pwfour.html

This is the pano stitched from Panoweaver 5.

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by marktold on October-20-2006 at 1:02pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Maybe its just me, but all i get is a lot off gray.

And to be honest both greay areas seem to be stiched perfect :-)

Can anyone confirm if its me or the pano ?

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by smooth on October-20-2006 at 1:09pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Danny,

I cannot view the panorama with Microsoft JVM and Internet Exploder 7.0 Beta (1) The viewer goes and stays "Grey" after the loader screen.

They do load with Firefox and Sun Java. The results are "average" and I would expect better. I have serious doubts about the NPP on your set up that shot these images. Looking at the images is would appear the lens needs to slide sideways about 2 to 3mm to the left when standing behind it to find the correct NPP.

I would suggest you set the NPP on your set up better and offer the panoramas in Quicktime format as the Java version doesn't work correctly.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Gen. Lee on October-20-2006 at 6:13pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Nice shoes Danny.....LOL

IF I am reading the post correctly Danny is showing how if you have a misaligned NPP or if you bump or othere wise mess up the rotation that Panoweave can now handle this much better and stitch it without having to match points or even do much better with manual matching points.

Looking at the top shot you can see where the mis alignment is. In the second shot it is not perfect but much closer to perfect. So I can assume that if you have a difficult stitch then PW5 should handle this much better automatically without having to match points.

Is this what you were trying to show Danny?

Both panos worked on Explorer 6.0 and Sun Java.

General Lee.

Message posted by spinem on October-21-2006 at 5:04am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
I'm having a problem similar to Smooth's. I'm running firefox on mac osx.

Message posted by VRtour.nl on October-21-2006 at 5:54am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Here a quick try in PTgui.

• [1 1/2 minutes] auto generate control points with 'align images'
  • [1 minute] place 2 vertical T-lines
  • [1/2 minute] remove all bad cps above distance 7.0
  • [4 minutes] generate pano with smartblend (4800x2400 / jpg 40%)

No photoshop work, the result pano is directly from PTgui.

The results can be found @ http://panorama.harry-anders.nl/spiv/easypano-test.html

Gr, Harry.

Message posted by smooth on October-22-2006 at 2:08am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Not sure how you feel that helps Harry? You should respect that this the Panoweaver forum about Panoweaver software. Not a place to promote "opposition" software. Be it a better proposition or not at this stage.

The faults with your PTGui stitching are as bad if not worse than Easypano's Panoweaver 5.0 demonstration.

Simply the NPP is wrong. If as Gen.Lee says that point is that Panoweaver 5.0 can handle/stitch shots where the NPP is out better. I don't get it, because the result is poor. This is no way to promote or give confidence a supposedly improved model.

Though, each will have their own opinions.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VRtour.nl on October-22-2006 at 3:32am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Maybe my English is to bad, but in dannys message I read;

Are you satisfied with the result?  And you are able to stitch with other software to compare. This is the zip file of fisheye images.

Thats what I have done.

For me it had noting to do with disrespect the forum, ore software promotion . only answering a question

If  Im wrong, sorry! (you can remove my message)

Regards, Harry

Message posted by smooth on October-22-2006 at 3:57am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Had I felt is was 100% so, I would have done just that.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by spinem on October-22-2006 at 9:37am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on October-22-2006

Not sure how you feel that helps Harry? You should respect that this the Panoweaver forum about Panoweaver software. Not a place to promote "opposition" software. Be it a better proposition or not at this stage.

He just pointed out the obvious.
If panoweaver really want to survive the must be up with the compitition.
right now, I can think of no reason what so ever of why anyone would buy panoweaver. there are many competitors out there that provide similar stitching solutions at fraction the price. they provide amazing responsive support, and allow you to install their software on any number of machines you want.

i am someone who spent long time viewing this forum, and i'm with panorweaver since v3 and i've learnd a lot from the people on this forum. so i do feel loyal to easypano somehow.
thats why i have to point out the down sides of panoweaver so people working on this software would fix it and provide us with something truly amazing.
keeping quite and not pointing out the downsides will make no good to this software and this company. and seriously what do you use for creating panoramas?
I know at least three regular posters and at least two mods (are you a mod?) who use ptgui and not panoweaver for their work.

you may delete this post if you think it hurts panoweaver, and this is the mods right since this is panoweaver forum. but i always wanted to get this out of my system and say it out loud...
panoweaver is over priced and doesn't provide much compering to other dirt cheap solutions.
i'm not sure whether i've said this on the thread earlier or not, i'll say it again any how, the only reason why anyone would buy panoweaver is because they're really bad with google.

sorry again, no bad feelings please :)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register