Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Problems stiching Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by OmarP on October-26-2006 at 5:29pm
View OmarP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by OmarP Search   Quote OmarP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts
Well, I finally stopped using the demo version of Panoweaver (yeah I puchase it finally). I have been trying to make it work so that I do nto have to add stiching points. I shot a set of pictures, and when I am stiching them I get prompted to add more manually. That is ok for the first one. After working with on, then everything gets "glued" correctly or almost correctly (sometimes alignment is not perfect in one side of the panorama. Anyway, after doing that, I take another set of pictures and I am specting to just use the previous stiching parameters and turns out that the resulting panorama is nor perfect. Some areas are not aligned. I could do this over and over and sometimes I get a good panorama and some other times I need to fight an add more and more points. I thought that once the stiching parameters are saver for your camera, that it should do the work the next time. I also played with the nodal point several times thinking that this is the problem. That my nodal point is not perfect. Any ideas?

Message posted by danny on October-27-2006 at 1:26am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

first you have to check if it is the NNP problem.

Then adjust the image enclosing parameter at a right value.

Please make sure that your rotator does not move as you turn the pano head. If it is not fixed, then your images will not be alligned.

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by OmarP on October-27-2006 at 11:52pm
View OmarP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by OmarP Search   Quote OmarP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts

"Then adjust the image enclosing parameter at a right value"

How do I know what is the right value? Try and error?

Let me know, Thanks

Message posted by pixelator on October-28-2006 at 12:49am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

OmarP,

The right value is what type of camera and lens you are shooting with.  i.e Canon 350D with Sigma 8mm = drum image

PW4 allowes,
1. Circular
2. Drum
3. Full Frame 6+X
4. Full Frame 4 + X
5. Cube Face

Use your camera and lens settings to match the above.

R;
Pixel

Message posted by OmarP on November-16-2006 at 10:58am
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts
I am using Drum 4 + T I have a Canon 30D. I set the image enclosing the same for all the 5 pictures taken. The image enclosing I use is set just by looking in Panoweaver how centered is the image enclosing circle in my photo and how far the perimeter goes compared to the photo. Is this the way to do it? Do I need to consider any camera settings like aperture and shutter speed?

Message posted by OmarP on November-16-2006 at 11:09am
OmarP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-29-2006
13 Posts
A little more, I guess I am more frustrated that people post here saying that they can stitch and rarely have to match points. I always have to match points. :(

Message posted by smooth on November-16-2006 at 12:29pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by OmarP on November-16-2006
A little more, I guess I am more frustrated that people post here saying that they can stitch and rarely have to match points. I always have to match points. :(

Then put up a set of "your" images for others to (download) test and advise you on.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register