Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Negotiating Usage Rights Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on October-27-2006 at 12:31pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Usually I shoot panos and stills to be used on the client's website. I negotiate a price and I'm done. Now I have a client who wants the images to be used not only on his own site but on other's as well. He also wants to use the images for other purposes such as borchures and magazine advertisements, but he is not specific about it as he has not developed a marketing plan for the images. He basically wants to use the images whenever he has the opportunity to.

How do I negotiate the fee for this? I found an online estimator at www.editorialphoto.com, but my puny brain doesn't actually understand all the numbers.

Message posted by 360texas on October-27-2006 at 3:17pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Instructions are here

http://www.editorialphoto.com/resources/estimator/help.asp

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by emarts on October-27-2006 at 3:44pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

I read that. But notice it says in the instructions: Assignment Rate. Once I add in the circulation and ad cost, where does the assignment rate show up? Is that the target rate? What if you don't know what magazines the client wants to use? If you put 0 in the ad rate you get a negative number.

I'm looking for something more practical. It's not like I'm a National Geographic photographer.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register