Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Internet Explorer 7 - Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on November-03-2006 at 5:29pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Interesting note about IE7 being downloaded ... I think I will skip the EXPRESS updates.. and be careful about what we download from M$.

There is a broad set of folks that have mentioned this auto-updating of IE 7.

After reading the MS IE7 news list.. IE7 is going through a learning curve. Lots of people are opting to UNinstall IE7 and go back to IE6 because of the several 100's of negative comments per week about its issues.

Visit IE 7

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on November-03-2006 at 5:49pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on November-03-2006

Lots of people are opting to UNinstall IE7 and go back to IE6 because of the several 100's of negative comments per week about its issues.

Hey Dave,

I am one of those!  Tried it a while back in the beta stage and took only a couple of days to revert to IE6.  Would not display a simple .wmv file.

Guess Firefox stock just went up.

Regards,
Pixel

Message posted by RuddersUK on November-03-2006 at 7:05pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Just seen a poll on BBC website for browser use.. interesting.. results so far were 50% firefox - 30% IE & 20% both.. Looks like firefox is gaining a massive market share rapidly.. I hardly ever us IE anymore because of security & other issues..

Message posted by vilmer on November-03-2006 at 8:24pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
450 pages of complaints. M$Exploder is going down.

Message posted by smooth on November-04-2006 at 12:28am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yeah? I use I.E 7.0 and really have no issues. Because of it higher security measures you have to make some adjustments. I really quite like it. But then I have issue with Firefox and some of it's silly settings. Each to their own. If it really was a problem I wouldn't be using it believe me.

It is easy to whinge and complain about a new release when things are not in the place you once expected them to be or if you need to enable a setting you are use to using etc.

What doesn't work in one I try in another. Opera Browser is pretty good also. 

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Alexandre on November-29-2006 at 2:21pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts
I'm using IE7 and have no problems... It has a completely new interface so I bet that over 100 people who uninstall it, more than 80 roll back to IE6 because they are lost with the new interface

The only problem I have, if you can call that a problem, is that I a unable to login to the Easypano forum. I take the opportunity to say that I find the interface and use of the forum really sh*tty, because half of the features actually work, regardless of the browser you are using (especially the notifies, none are working). Easypano could switch to phpBB, it's free and works fine with any browser.

Message posted by smooth on November-29-2006 at 9:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Notifiers only work with .com .net and .org email addresses.

I don't have the issue with not being able to log-in you might need to allow Easypano cookies or lower your security settings.

PHPBB forums are great BUT get auto spammed to death.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by straw_dog on December-07-2006 at 5:34pm
View straw_dog's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by straw_dog Search   Quote straw_dog Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
I'm sure there are legitimate issues with IE7 (I haven't tried it) but one of their biggest problems will be user learning curves. The people who have been using FF are the people willing to experiment, and not be completely confused by something like "tabbed browsing". All the IE folks have been in the dark about things like that so when they see it in the new version they panic. Just like anything I guess, you have people who know one thing and want it to work like that from now on.

I will agree FF is a better product though.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register