Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: EBook - EMagazine Software Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by klafe on November-07-2006 at 7:04am
View klafe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by klafe Search   Quote klafe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
klafe
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2006
51 Posts
My office is looking to create an e-book / e-magazine of the tours that I am doing.  They want it to work without the need to link to the Internet; which is why we didn't go with the flip album software that we were looking into.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message posted by 360texas on November-07-2006 at 10:35am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Why not just create an auto-boot CD-r mini web site.   mini website can run from an autoboot DVD too.  I do that for our clients. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on November-07-2006 at 11:22am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

www.desktopauthor.com

It allows Quicktime directly on it's pages. Avoid Flip Album like the plague.

Buy through my site and I will give you some personalised support when needed.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by klafe on November-07-2006 at 5:11pm
View klafe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by klafe Search   Quote klafe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
klafe
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2006
51 Posts

Smooth this software is exactly what we were looking for.  I will be purchasing it.  I am downloading the trial to see how user friendly it is.  While I am at it, can you recommend a software that when you rest your mouse pointer on the thumbnail, it will automatically give you a full size image while you are browsing without having to open each shot individually (like you do in Explorer)?

Message posted by smooth on November-07-2006 at 10:44pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by klafe on November-07-2006

While I am at it, can you recommend a software that when you rest your mouse pointer on the thumbnail, it will automatically give you a full size image while you are browsing without having to open each shot individually (like you do in Explorer)?

Is this for a website/webpage?

If so, I can think of a couple of ideas.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-08-2006 at 3:51am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Klafe

I have also just started using desktopauthor to present my virtual tours. I believe that Steve at www.vizmark.co.za uses DTA for all his tours. But the tours are opend in a browser window. BTW what is wrong with that??

While I am at it, can you recommend a software that when you rest your mouse pointer on the thumbnail, it will automatically give you a full size image while you are browsing without having to open each shot individually (like you do in Explorer)?

I did this for one of my recent tours. I just made an Roll Over effect so when the user points at an icon he sees a larger image. When removing the mouse pointer the image dissappear

By the way. Desk Top Author is pretty user friendly but I gues syou have already figured that out :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by klafe on November-08-2006 at 5:54am
klafe
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2006
51 Posts
Thanks to all for all your help.  I actually just wanted a photo archive/viewing software so that when I am going through my archives I can quickly see the shot without having to bring each one up with a double click.  I want to just rest my mouse pointer and have the full size image come up.  The filmstrip in explorer is an absolute pain because you can only see a a few thumbnails at a time.

Message posted by vilmer on November-09-2006 at 10:32am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Smooth, I just looked at www.desktopauthor.com. I noticed that you can include qtvr's in the brochures like here. Does a client need to have quicktime already installed on his computer to see them, or is it integrated in the brochure? If it's not integrated in the web brochure, will it be in the .exe file if you generate one?

grtz.
Vilmer

Message posted by vilmer on November-09-2006 at 10:35am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Nevermind ,I found the answer on page 13..

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register