Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: The value of panoramas + virtual tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-18-2006 at 6:49pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi every body.

What is - accordingly to your experience - the true value of panoramic pictures and virtual tours??

I know all the obvious answers such as:

It gives the total view of a room with a 360x180 degree pan and therefore covers all angles. It is the best alternative to actually being there.

This is all very good and true. But in marketing it is often more effective to focus on the values of a product and not specific product features. I want to tell my customers about the advantages of our product and not the specific or technical details. My arguments to why a panoramic picture is effective is:

1) it communicates the atmosphere in eg. a restaurant

2) it makes customers more curious

3) it exceeds the customers expectations for a proper presentation

4) it helps to attract more customers

5) it makes the customers to identify the facilities and be familiarized.

What are your arguments?

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on November-19-2006 at 11:11am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

All that you have said above is true.  But focus on the end result.

The client [the company you are selling these pictures to] needs to present their product cost effectively to the public.  The panoramas only add cost to the clients final financial objective.  The panoramas are only pictures of products.    If the panoramas do not sell the real product.. they are of little value. 

Panoramas are a replacement advertising method.  Replace single pictures with captivating, innovating panoramas that show the clients product thereby INCREASING the clients bottom line profit$.  OR  DECREASE his profit losse$.  Its all about money.

Show your potential client how they can cost effectively make more money by replacing single pictures with panoramas of their product.

Companies are free enterprise and profit motivated.   As a panorama company... so are you.  Your focu$ should be contracting for more of their advertising budget.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-20-2006 at 6:11am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

A good point to explain it as "replacing still images" I think that will be easier for the customer to understand in stead of trying to explain a whole new concept and technology. And I will also emphazise that it is a more sufficient way to use the marketing budget.

There must be more advice out there. Bring it on :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by danny on November-23-2006 at 3:45am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

I do agree with Dave.

Panorama is only an advertising method and especailly an additional method.

For common hotels, some still images are enough to show because most hotels are almost the same.

Panorama itself cannot advertise well online so far due to its own limition, such as long loading time, downloading of java virtual machine, etc. Most users won't wait 5-10 second to see panorama. They want to see result as soon as they click the image.

So my viewpoint is: since still images can transfer enough info at low cost effeciently, why should choose Panorama?

Then what's the advantage of panorama?

I think it is the best choice for high-end real estate,especially villas.

Have some other ideas,maybe write out later.

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by mskp on November-23-2006 at 9:22am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, all!!

After what Danny told us, it could be very interesting and usefull to all of us, who are just iniciating ourselves in this business and about to making our first steps, to tell us which are your customers, potential costumers or even those who rejected the offer and what were their arguments to do so.

I think (or hope) that the pano business should surpass the real estate one.

A list of the branch of your costumers would be very useful for us beginners as well as the established one, I think

Sharing experiences is very instructive.

Best regards, Martin

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-24-2006 at 5:39am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

My customers so far include:

Hotels

Restaurants

Specialty shops sucs as a shop selling wedding dresses, and a furniture shop.

A limousine company

A golf course

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by mskp on November-24-2006 at 7:47am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Thanks Morten for your contribution.

...and keep on going.

Martin

Message posted by 360texas on November-24-2006 at 8:30am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Here is our list...

http://www.360texas.com/services/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by mskp on November-24-2006 at 10:13am
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Thanks 2 U 2 Dave

Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register