Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Help for Demo user Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jwashburn on November-20-2006 at 1:43pm
View jwashburn's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jwashburn Search   Quote jwashburn Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jwashburn
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-20-2006
1 Posts
I have the Nikon D200 and the 10.5 Fish lens.  I have never shot panos before, and found this software while surfing the web.  I dont have a tripod, I am just trying to play with the software a bit.  I have sat in my sivel chair and shot some photos of my office, but i cant get them to stich for the life of my.  I have tried the 4 shot drum and the three shot.  Is it at all possible to even get close without a tripod?

Message posted by Oender on November-20-2006 at 3:39pm
View Oender's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Oender Search   Quote Oender Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Oender
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
December-27-2005
17 Posts
No tripod, no pano head = tons of problems. Please go to agnos and buy a pano head, they offer the most for the money. Contact them va mail so they can tell you the best pano head for your D200 and 10.5 lens. then buy a cool tripod like Manforotto 055PRO PRO TRIPOD. See it here.
Buy a the TWO AXIS BUBBLE LEVEL.
See it here.
Other afordable pano head can be found here..
For the nikon D200 and 10.5 mm fish lens combo, you need to shot 6 pictures one UP and one more Down to obtain full 360 pano.

Good luck!

-------------
Oender
Mexico City

Message posted by zxcvbnm on November-20-2006 at 6:54pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
You can do practice handheld. Its just harder especially with the 10.5mm lens. As pointed out you need at least 6 shots around often 8. Plus one shot straight up and one down.

The farther things are from you the easier they will stitch. So either go to a large room or ideally outside like in the middle of a lawn is good. Hold the camera on its sided infront of you with one foot stuck out, hold the camera over your big toe and then spin around that toe keeping the camera above it and level. Take 6-8 evenly space shots around and then one straight up and down. You probably won't get a perfect stitch but should start to give you an idea.

Some people draw a circular piece of paper and mark every 6 or 8 steps, they then put it on the ground and hold their camera over it and gaze over straight down over the lens so they go cross eyed and can see the paper under the lens. They then line the lens up with the markings on the paper and use them to get even rotations.

To get any kind of reliablity you need to be either extremely practiced or more practically get a panohead from an 80 dollar panosaurus to a 1000 dollar 360precision and many in bettween. But for trying things out right now handheld is perfectly possible if you don't expect perfect results.

Good luck

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register