Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Up and Down Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Alexandre on November-20-2006 at 1:57pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I finally found some time to start making virtual tours, and from what I have done, I see how easy it is to use Panoweaver.

My problem is that Panoweaver makes Up and Down virtuals tours, regardless of the orientation of the picture files. I would have to turn 180 my monitor to see the ceiling above my head and the floor below my feet, instead of the other way around.

I played with the software settings, but can't find what's wrong...

Regards, Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by zxcvbnm on November-20-2006 at 6:42pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Do you mean the panoramas come out upside down? If so either rotate the images before hand or when you import them into the software or just stitch it upside down and turn the image 180 degrees afterwards in your favourite image editor.

Message posted by Alexandre on November-21-2006 at 3:12pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by zxcvbnm on November-20-2006
Do you mean the panoramas come out upside down? If so either rotate the images before hand or when you import them into the software or just stitch it upside down and turn the image 180 degrees afterwards in your favourite image editor.

I've done that already, rotating the images by 180 vertically, but the outcome is the same

I can also create a panoramic picture and rotate it after then create the virtual tour, but it would be more practical to do it right away

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by 360texas on November-21-2006 at 4:34pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes, I noticed that too. Images taken in portrait, long side up.  Images loaded vertical correctly.  Previewing was correct side up.  But when looking at the stitched image in Photoshop... it were inverted.  Sometimes PS caught it and inverted them correctly.  I think there is a flag inside the stitched image header indicating to PS to invert it before display.

Don't recall how I fixed it.  I don't think the fix was inside PW4.. I think it had to do with the original image orientation being stitched. 

I have been taking 3 fisheye using Sigma 8 and Canon 5d. No issue with this combination.  Might have only been with my 20d 4 drum type images.

Let me think on it.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2006 at 2:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Turn off the image rotate within the camera. It adds a tag to the images file and is most likely causing the problem.

Uploading and giving us access to the master files would help us ascertain what is going on.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register