Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: I am impressed by panoweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Alexandre on November-26-2006 at 4:49am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Hi,

Last sathursday, i went around in Paris with my camera, and made some tours of a beautiful Church in the center of Paris (see the MOVs in http://easypano.com/forum/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=7).

For few scenes, I had to specify points that didn't match from a picture to anohter, but for 3 panos, Panoweaver did everything almost perfectly!!!  I am looking forward next weekend, I go to my hometown of Thonon near Geneva where I should be able to shoot few pictures.

If you are reading this and not yet an owner of Panoweaver, stop hesitating and invest because this tool is really great!

Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by smooth on November-26-2006 at 8:49am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Alexandre,

I looked at your panoramas and seen that your NPP (No Parallax Point) position is out slightly (sideways) and this might be where Panoweaver is having some problems doing an automatic stitch.

Tilt your camera 90 degrees up so you can look down through the view finder and use the centre focus point to position the "left-right" adjustment to correct your NPP position.

Also you have made comment that you shot with AF (Auto Focus) off. This is correct! It should be off. But, you need to manually set to accurate infinity. This is the mark on the lens that looks like a sideways 8. Be warned though the Nikkor 10.5mm lens is not 100% accurate sometimes and the "real" infinity mark may be slightly before the 8 or slightly after. Some are known to find the mark and tape it into position. 

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Alexandre on November-26-2006 at 8:56am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Thanks for the advice smooth. I am not really happy because of this differences in the colors of my pictures, which makes sh*tty tours. I think I should first make proper picture with the camera before playing with Photoshop or other software.

Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by Gen. Lee on November-26-2006 at 2:39pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Smooth can you describe a method for finding the real infinity focus point on the Nikkor 10.5mm

Thanks

General Lee

Message posted by smooth on November-26-2006 at 10:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Gen.Lee,

Really this can only be done with eye sight. But in two ways

• Looking through the view finder on a distant focal point until as clear as possible.
  • or by shooting a series of shot with tiny increments around the "infinity" mark of the lens and then comparing these shots at full view zooming in on the distant object you chose as the focal point of interest.

On mine when fitted to a Canon camera the infinity is just before the infinity mark on the lens (around 1mm before) of course this can and most likely will vary from camera to camera and lens to lens.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register