Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Will you guys take a look? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by straw_dog on December-01-2006 at 9:55am
View straw_dog's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by straw_dog Search   Quote straw_dog Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
These were taken with a Rebel and a Canon 10mm.

I don't know if we aren't getting the overlap we need or what is happening but I can't stitch them together very well. I do have experience in pshop but I am wondering if we can get some advice for shooting that might lead to less pshop work.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Click to download zip file (9.5megs)

Message posted by smooth on December-01-2006 at 11:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Panoweaver in it's current state I.E version 4.0 is designed for Fisheye images. Lenses like: Nikon FC-E8, FC-E9, Sigma 8mm, Peleng 8mm. Nikkor 10.5mm, Nikon 8mm where images have at least 180 degree view, either circular or accross the diagonal.

While you may get some sort of stitch with your 10mm lens it is not a fisheye and not really supported by Panoweaver. This lens may well be supported in the upcoming version 5.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by straw_dog on December-01-2006 at 3:05pm
View straw_dog's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by straw_dog Search   Quote straw_dog Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
Thank you SO MUCH for the feedback Smooth, we are going to swap our lens out for the correct one.

This is my first time ever doing this, so I am trying to get everything figured out.

I appreciate your help.

Message posted by straw_dog on December-01-2006 at 3:51pm
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
Will this work if we are shooting with a Canon Digital Rebel, and a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens?

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3255&navigator=4

Message posted by straw_dog on December-01-2006 at 4:38pm
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
Also, can we do this without a panohead?

Message posted by zxcvbnm on December-01-2006 at 6:02pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Sigma 8mm will work BUT you have linked to the f4 version. This is the older version, worse quality, only buy if really cheap ie 300 dollars. Otherwise be sure to get the f3.5 current model version. Out of stock most places though for canon at the moment. amazon.com is the cheapest at present at 590 dollars but out of stock so you'd have to wait.

Consider a peleng 8mm lens if you want to be cheap, very sharp lens but a bit scarier being manual and russian but not really any harder to take panos. Going for 2-300 dollars on ebay. Sharp but flary. Given the choice most people buy the sigma. Heard of people buying from http://www.kievcamera.com in atlanta ok though site looks a bit plain 250 dollars including a canon adaptor. Never tried them myself.

You can take panos handheld but you get more mistakes. Particularly indoors. A basic panohead starts at about 100 dollars for a panosaurus which will work fine, gregwired.com or look on ebay were he sells them for around 70 dollars depending on what people bid.

Panosaurus is cheap plastic if you have money people buy metal nodal ninja's for more money or agnos heads for lots more money. But the end panorama is the same its just slightly easier to take with a fancier panohead.

Message posted by smooth on December-01-2006 at 10:58pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Sigma F/3.5 EX DG 8mm Fisheye is the one to buy no risk and it will be perfect for your Canon Digital Rebel. You will need to shoot 4 shots minimum in rotation at 90 degrees stops (in portrait mode). Really Panoweaver and hand held are not a match and only very experienced panographers use this method (and then only sometimes) Buying a panohead should be on your shopping list. If you are just starting out the Nodal Ninja 3 from Bill at www.nodalninja.com is a very good (match) for your combination. If you feel you will be long term in the industry I personally recommend www.agnos.com Agnos MrotatorTCPS panohead. Either way let them know you were speaking to Smooth "they might look after you better ;O)"

With that combination you will have 4 shots (portrait) that are called "Drum" style and Panoweaver can deal with these easily.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by straw_dog on December-06-2006 at 10:53am
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
We have the f/4.0 on order. How much difference will there be from the 4.0 and 3.5?

Message posted by smooth on December-06-2006 at 11:51am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The older Sigma F/4.0 8mm will work pretty much the same. The big difference is in the Vignetting and Flare.

Shooting RAW you can deal with the Vignetting in Photoshop CS2 Camera RAW and the flare is only an issue in some situations.

If it was me I would try to get the F/3.5 version as it is a far superior release.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by straw_dog on December-06-2006 at 12:41pm
straw_dog
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-30-2006
19 Posts
Well I just called and the 4.0 has already been shipped. A day late and a dollar short, story of my life!

We will probably end up using the 4.0 as opposed to sending it back, our project is already behind as it is.

Just tell me it will work and life will go on.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register