Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Panoweaver 4 no longer active ?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on December-23-2006 at 10:39am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Just thought I would ask if anyone else is having difficulty with PW4?

I started to stitch a few panoramas yesterday and the program now asks me to activate the program.  When I use my serial number as copied directly from Easypano's email... It says it is an "invalid serial number".

I am in a 'Stop Work' mode until we can get this resolved.

Happy Holidays

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by use2bkewl on December-23-2006 at 10:48am
View use2bkewl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by use2bkewl Search   Quote use2bkewl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
use2bkewl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2005
62 Posts
Have you changed your network card recently? Some programs use your nic to identify your registration. Not sure if thats the prob but possibly.

Message posted by smooth on December-23-2006 at 10:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Have you logged into your user panel and deactivated and then reactivated?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mgora1 on December-23-2006 at 10:57am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
We have had that issue before and just needed to copy in our serial number agian as you stated you did.  That worked for us.  I would suggest what Smooth said, trying to deactivate and reactivate.  Good luck.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by 360texas on December-23-2006 at 11:04am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
What it appears to have done.. is to knocked me back to Version 3.01 and it says I don't have version 4

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on December-23-2006 at 12:19pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

3.01 doesn't work on the same license system.

Version 4.0 has it's own serial and activation.

Shoot an email to easypano support if you cannot figure it out.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on December-23-2006 at 12:33pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Smooth - Happy Holidays over there in Oz.

I have a valid PW3 serial number and PW3. Just don't have the older version of suns 1.4 java engine and it shows 'VM failure' has since I installed PW 4.  But I think I can fix that if necessary.  I archived it.

Yes, I also have PW4 installed.  I have (I thought) a vaild PW4 serial number.  I went back and found the serial number in a 4/5/2005 email I got from Easypano. We have been using PW4 all this last year or more.  Then yesterday.. boing... the activation notice started showing up.

Yes, it is a mystery.. I did send the Easypano folks an email.

Also wanted to alert other forum members about this. IF this issue becomes bigger than a bread box.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on December-23-2006 at 11:59pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Dave,

I have had this issue before and so have many others. If you change a piece of hardware and allow Windows to find it via Plug n Play or you change the Network card you will interfere with the MAC address signature that Easypano Panoweaver 4.0 assigns it's license too.

I have also found that (on a rare occasion) that some firewalls can cause failure with the registration also (Zone Alarm) is one I have had some small issues with from time to time.

The resolution was easy enough I shot Easypano support an email and they manually reset it and put me back in business within hours.

It is not the optimal way to have things, but people keep stealing software. You have to expect some sort of fightback.

Well, it's Christmas Eve here is Australia so I wish you all a Very Happy Christmas and a Panoramic New Year for 2007.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register