Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: My first try with Panoweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rkomar on December-29-2006 at 11:00am
View rkomar's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rkomar Search   Visit rkomar's Homepage www   Quote rkomar Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rkomar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2006
2 Posts
The enclosed is my first pano with panoweaver. I have been doing tours with another software program and camera.

using now Nikon D70 Sigma 8mm fisheye and MrotatorTCP and have adjusted the nadol using Smooths directions.

I my experiments every third photo in a pano seems darker..

Any suggests and/or recommendations will be followed.

Thanks to all for the posts..this is the link for my last try.

www.thekomargroup.com/lanai2.jpg  

Message posted by VT360 on December-29-2006 at 12:02pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

if every third shot is landing right where the sun is, that might be your problem.

as it is throwing your exposure off.

you need to use the same exposure and lock it for all the shots.

1.for the sun, try to cut the sun in have with the edge of your lens on the first shot.

2set your exposure and lock them.

3take the first shot

4then do the rest of the shots.

Message posted by smooth on December-30-2006 at 12:20am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Ray,

Having looked at this panorama it is clear that the positioning of the sun is centered to the lens and this is never a good idea. Also the camera needs to be set up in manual mode as to lock the settings to make 100% sure all the images are shot with the exact exposure etc. This also involves manually setting the white balance.

To extract the most from this set up it is recommended that you shoot in RAW mode and learn to process these RAW images to there best advantage. Doing this allows for the reduction in Chromatic Aberration and Vignetting and when done in a batched way assures you that all images are processed the same way. (Unlike allowing the camera to .jpg process them)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Alexandre on December-30-2006 at 6:10pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts
Hello Rkomar,

I had the same problem when i started doing panos with my D50. here is my advice :

1. Shoot your first picture with setting the White Balance to Automatic or another setting that seems suitable to you.

2. Shoot the remaining pictures using the balance of the first picture

This may not be a perfect method, but it allowed me to get rid of this problem.

Any expert opinion about my method welcomed :)

Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register