Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Help: D70 settings w/ Sigma 8mm Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eagle on January-10-2007 at 10:06am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi,

I just got a new D70s and will be receiving a Sigma 8mm f3.5 tomorrow.

- Would appreciate some help from D70/Sigma owners please on your settings. 

- Where is the nodal point on the sigma lens?  I've seen owner sites showing nodal points for D70 w/ Nikkor 10.5 but not with the Sigma lens.  If you could share your info, I'd appreciate it.

- Any tips and tricks would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on January-10-2007 at 10:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Eagle,

The NPP (No Parallax Point) position is the Gold Ring and the NPP position is relevant to the lens only not the camera behind it.

Aperture settings of F/5.6 through F/11 are suited to the this lens with F/8 suited to almost all scenes. Use the internal light meter to match the shutter speed. If you need a faster shutter speed because of light - up the ISO setting.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on January-10-2007 at 10:52am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Thanks smooth. 

This should be a major upgrade for me moving up from the cp4300 which I shipped off to our other office.

BTW, Agnos responded to my email.  The f4 is not compatible with the f3.5 lens.  Hence, they are building a new footplate for the f3.5. I'll be placing my order with agnos later today for the mRotatorTCPs with ringT.  Appreciate your tip/help on that or I would have gotten one that doesn't work on the new sigma lens.

Quick question:  I'm not a pro photographer .... could you pls explain your tip:  "Use the internal light meter to match the shutter speed."  Do I look for something in the viewfinder?

r,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on January-10-2007 at 12:36pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, in the view finder you have a meter, looks a little like this | -- | -- | and the center line (Blue) is correct exposure the match the aperture. The other ends are + and - EV2 (Under and Over Exposed) These are needed for HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography. While your new to it all you should just concentrate on the correct exposure to match the aperture (F/8.0) is your best starting point.

Good to hear Agnos is replying I have been inundated with questions that I simply didn't know the answer too. (I NEED A PLATE AND RINGT) for my own Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye also. ;O)

Although the F/4 RingT does work with it (sort of) it is not correct.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on January-10-2007 at 1:40pm
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Thanks smooth!

You see?  I've read the d70 and other camera manuals but your explanation, clear and concise, is much much better!  Sometimes, the best explanation is the simplest one.  :)

Agnos says they should have the f/3.5 ready by the end of this week.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on January-10-2007 at 1:48pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by eagle on January-10-2007

Thanks smooth!

You see?  I've read the d70 and other camera manuals but your explanation, clear and concise, is much much better!  Sometimes, the best explanation is the simplest one.  :)

That's what they pay me for!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register