Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: The Perfect Size Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by klafe on January-10-2007 at 8:40pm
View klafe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by klafe Search   Quote klafe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
klafe
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2006
51 Posts

I was fortunate enough to get a job for 14 hotels and restaurants.  I want them to be perfect.  My question is, my panos are 4000 X 2000 to start.  What would you suggest to be the best final image size and the best viewer size.  I want to create a tour that has the largest viewing area possible without losing any quality.  Also, I use the Canon 20D...what do you suggest the ISO be set at? I am finding conflicting answers to this question.  As always...thanks.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-11-2007 at 6:44am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Klafe

Congratulation on your new job. Very well done. I do understand that you want to produce the best possible panoramas.

I am not as experienced as many other people at this forum, but I will try to answer your question from my own experience and with some of the advice I have read in here.

Regarding the size of you panorama. It should be 3 times the size of the viewer window. So if you make the viewer 600pixel in hight your pano should at least be 1800x900 pixel.

So when choosing the size of the window you should consider if you want the tour to contain other elements as a Scene describtion, thumbnails etc. If you just want to focus on the images you can do as smooth have done in this thread:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=8&TopicID=2477&PagePosition=1 

You should also consider screen resolutions. Some people still have a 800x600 screen.

Just my thoughts. I am sure that there are other people in here that van give you additional adwice :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register