Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Tip for easypano... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by spinem on January-11-2007 at 7:53am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts

I don't feel like going into details right now, probably some of you already know what I'm talking about.
We need to have a solution that would export the 3d images generated from sat pix and building sensors to make a VR of them.
Right now businesses and agencies use the map engine (microsoft's or google) it self when viewing locations. or exporting it as a video and then playing it.
But imagine having a whole interactive VT based on that.
so I think what you need to do is not only export the jpg snapshots, but rather find away to have the VT played right from the other software so people would be able to use other features already exist there.

sorry about my grammer,

Message posted by smooth on January-11-2007 at 10:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You mean something like this one made with (screen capture) .jpgs from Google Earth?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on January-11-2007 at 3:58pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on January-11-2007

You mean something like this one made with (screen capture) .jpgs from Google Earth?

Regards, Smooth

nope. services like the one google is offering is used by many agencies including security agencies. where they have all buildings in 3d and view way more details than the link of yours showed.
for example I've seen in one presentation where a security agency planned a secure rout for someone, and they were able to decide where to put snipers by simple clicking on roof tops and then rotating the cameras from there to see what is their field of view and whether there are obstacles like other buildings or trees.
so my wish is to be able one day to use VT to navigate through those pre-specified points on the map itself (with 3d buildings and all) through the gui of the map it self (where we can still use all the features that the map makers offer (like distance measurements).

Message posted by smooth on January-11-2007 at 11:32pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Great for Terrorist

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by spinem on January-12-2007 at 2:51pm
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on January-11-2007

Great for Terrorist

Regards, Smooth

The technology is already there and its already in use. I believe such service providers like Google do keep track of their customers usage of the service (I think I read this in the terms of use). And since you have to be online to use the service, I bet they can have anyone monitoring their customers (and they did say that, we have to be online so they can keep track of my work).

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register