Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Windows XP Write Delay Error Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by klafe on February-02-2007 at 9:54am
View klafe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by klafe Search   Quote klafe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
klafe
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2006
51 Posts

Hello Everyone:  I know that this is not directly related to VT's but for me it is.  I went out and bough and E Book External Hard Drive to organize/sort my photos/panos, etc.  Well, this is what I got when I tried to transfer files: 

"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file (filepath). The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware of network connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere". 

Well, after looking in the Microsoft site and many forums, I found out that this is common with XP and no two people seem to have the same "fix".  I am coming to you guys because this is the only forum I have any confidence in.  Has anyone come across this and if so, do they know how to fix it?  I am not BIOS or Registry knowledgeable.  Thanks.

Message posted by 360texas on February-02-2007 at 10:21am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

when I google E-Book Systems Datastor 60GB external drive it tells me.  Could be the drive is partitioned into 2  30gb's.  It would take ALOT of pictures to max out 60gb.

that it is connected to your computer with a USB or USB2.0 connection. It has a max transfer rate of 16mbps.

Typically, when you connect an external USB hard drive, XP just looks at it as a normal hard drive.  I have 2 Western Digital external hard drives. 1 is 60gb and the other is 120gb.  Both these drives came with install software.

Can you see this hard drive using Files|Folders explorer ?  If you can, did you try to copy just 1 file over to it? viceversa from E-Drive to your C:?

Was there any install software that came with it ?  Did you install the software with out errors?

Have you contacted the manufactuer?  Check the manufacturers website for any software or firmware updates?

Other than this.. not sure I can help. When I checked Google for the manufacturers website all I get is 'pricing pages' or '$ellEbooks.com'

www.datastor.com takes me to a 'stealth storage management company in Colorado.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register