Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Experience with Graphics Tablets? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-10-2007 at 9:37am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody

I just want to ask if any of you use a graphics Tablet eg. like those from Wacom??

What are the advantages vs dowsides of using such a thing??

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by scotgold on February-10-2007 at 10:36am
View scotgold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by scotgold Search   Quote scotgold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
scotgold
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-09-2007
6 Posts

As a graphic designer I have been using a graphics (Genius) tablet for a number of years. I find it a very powerful, precision tool for both graphics and replacing my mouse. it offers a far higher level of control than a conventional mouse and has user-defined buttons as well as 'hotspots' on the tablet. We use it with CorelDraw, Illustrator, PhotoPaint, Xara3D etc. but really do not use its full capabilities.

On the down side, I keep losing the 'pen' and seem to spend a lot of time looking for where I left it!

Chris

-------------
Nikon Coolpix 995
Nikon FC-E8 Fisheye
Agnos MrotatorA
Panoweaver 3 (& 4 trial)

Message posted by eagle on February-10-2007 at 10:45am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
I still have one of the original smaller wireless tablets from circa 2000. Loved it! Also helped get rid of some symptoms that could have led to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I don't do a lot of graphics of anymore, so I've reverted to the mouse and have shelved the tablet.

Thanks
eagle

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-11-2007 at 9:10am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
So it is mostly usefull if you di graphic work?? and not so usefull when editing panoramas?

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register