Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Nikon D70s 'Newbie' question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on February-16-2007 at 7:40pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey all

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction with this, I bought a D70s a while back and haven't really used it since it came back from being fixed.

I didn't notice this before it went back at the end of the summer but when I try and take a photo now using the standard kit lens on AF it clicks unless I use the lens to 'zoom' in more.  Its a real pain. Is this something really stupid I'm doing? I didn't remember it being this bad before but was taking pics of different things.

Sorry for being such a 'numptie' was we call it here in Scotland!

Message posted by eagle on February-16-2007 at 10:34pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi,

I have a D70 and D70s. I'm not really sure what you mean by the click and zooming in more.

Do you have the AF/M switch in front of the camera set to AF?

Are you using the Nikkor 18-55mm lens?

What mode are you using? P, M, A, Auto, any of the preset modes?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-17-2007 at 7:03am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I should have said!  I'm using the bog standard kit lense on auto with focus at AF.  Basicaly I look through the camera, and press click and nothing happens - no photo, unless I zoom right in with the lens in which case I get a photo.

I'm sure its cos im a truly rubbish photographer but I was worried something had happened to the camera since it came back from being fixed last time.

Cheers

Message posted by eagle on February-17-2007 at 9:54am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi,

Pls forgive me. I don't know what a bog standard kit lens is.

Is that a Nikkor lens? If it isn't an DX or G class lens, you have to ensure that the lens is locked to the lowest aperture setting. That's what I have to do to make an old Nikkor zoom lens.

Also just for testing purposes. have you tried setting the camera to Auto or P mode (rotating dial on the top left of the camera as you look behind the camera)?

Thanks,
eagle

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register