Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: PW 5 and another disappointment... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by spinem on February-17-2007 at 2:17pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Steps to create a panorama:
1) Installation
2) load pictures (click rotate counter clockwise)
3) stitch
4) export

total time... less than 20 minutes (dunno wasn't really looking at the time)

result, amazingly stitched. in the past i always considered PTGui to be way much better than PW 4. But now I love the results I've got compared with PTGui and the fact I've dont nothing other than loaded the pictures, clicked stitch, and then exported to qtvr.

the HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT... still there is color variation in the pictures. Will Easypano ever deploy the feature that fix this?

So far, this is the only problem I've seen with PW 5. And this is the only reason why I would not by PW 5.

EASYPANO... PLEASE FIX THIS.

Message posted by Oender on February-17-2007 at 3:54pm
View Oender's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Oender Search   Quote Oender Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Oender
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
December-27-2005
17 Posts
Same here, color variations are very notorious in some cases like interiors with incandescent bulbs.

A resizable window is a must. Easier and more pleasant for us. (Open image window).

Could Be Very Useful if we can preview with thumbnails all pictures stored in the folders before click the pictures to open.

How about drag and drop function so we can load and replace pictures form various folders, photo managers like adobe bridge o ACDsee, etc.

Please fix the color variation asap. :) will wait for that before think to buy version 5.

Documented observations provide useful information for the developers to start the fixes.

have a nice day!

-------------
Oender
Mexico City

Message posted by vilmer on February-17-2007 at 5:10pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
What Java version are you guys using? I just downloaded and installed the latest version (1.5.0_11) from the Sun site, and get this error:

Is it possible that easypano's version is newer than Sun's latest?

Message posted by roadkillron on February-17-2007 at 6:07pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

5.0 requires the new 1.6 version of sun, it should have installed it when you installed the beta, I had to reboot to start it working.

I gave up on panoweaver 4 because I'm a newbie and I couldnt get rid of the color variations, PTGui has blending - which works for me. I did like the new 5.0 (guess cause I'm now used to to new layout) but when I saw no blending - I wept and uninstalled. Seriously I do not understand why EasyPano doesnt blend, they are so close to having the pano world by the balls, I just dont get it?

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by vilmer on February-17-2007 at 7:39pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Hi Ron,

Yes I saw the option to install the 1.6 version, but I unchecked it because I already had the latest version. And according to the Sun website, I have the latest. Its weird that 1.6 is not for download at Sun.
So I haven't seen pw5 yet, but in my humble opinion the only thing that needed to be updated in pw4 was the blending part. (And I understand they didn't. Weird!)

Regards,Vilmer

Message posted by Oender on February-18-2007 at 9:58pm
View Oender's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Oender Search   Quote Oender Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Oender
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
December-27-2005
17 Posts
I did a head to head with the most popular options. See the results here.

Pictures by Alexandre G.
Camera: Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3

PW5 PUBLIC BETA:

NEEDS TO ADD MANUAL CONTROL POINTS BEFORE TO STITCH. Color variations are noticeable. After I add some control points in 3 pairs of pictures, the stitch process was very acceptable.
NEED TO ROTATE TOP AND FLOOR PICS

PTGUI 6.0.1

NO COLOR VARIATIONS. NEED TO ADD SOME CONTROL PONITS.

REALVIZ STITCHER UNLIMITED 5.5.2

NO COLOR VARIATIONS
NO MANUAL CONTROL POINTS NEEDED.
NEED TO ROTATE TOP AND FLOOR PICS.

I HOPE THIS SIMPLE TEST SHOWS THE POINTS THAT PW5 PUBLIC BETA 1 NEED TO IMPROVE.

Regards

-------------
Oender
Mexico City

Message posted by Daisy on February-25-2007 at 3:17am
View Daisy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Daisy Search   Quote Daisy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Daisy
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
3 Posts

hi, vilmer

You can download jre 6 at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp ,

Panoweaver 5 also provides jre 6 install kit, you can find it in folder jre1_6 of panoweaver 5 install folder.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register