Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: NO BLENDER = NO GOOD :O( Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on February-19-2007 at 11:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Panoweaver 5.0 doesn't have a blender. Making the whole 5.0 project pretty much a waste of time. I can't recall how many times I and plenty of others have posted that the ONLY must have for the next release (version 5.0) is the ability to allow a blender plug-in. I.E: Smartblend or Enblend (or something Easypano could produce)

Easypano doesn't even need to develop these plug-in's (they're done) all that is needed is a way via the software to incorporate the plug-in via a command line.

Of all the "Name" stitcher's PTGui, PTMac, Realviz Stitcher, Autopano Pro etc. Easypano Panoweaver is the ONLY one without this most valuable feature.

I can only assume based on the "non inclusion" that our opinions don't count and are not taken into consideration. Even questions via email about my dissapointment about the lack of a blender feature (is overlooked) when replying to me.

It's all well and good for our support, help and promotion but it has to swing both ways. Making Panoweaver and Tourweaver leading panorama software products requires for the company to improve relations with customers requests and communicate the reasons why something can or cannot happen.

Will I use Panoweaver 5.0 in it's current fashion? Nope! ....... and that is a sad reflection after all these years.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-19-2007 at 12:19pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Well if easypano needs more to convince them i'll be darned.

Note to EP - If I were the pano equivalent to a young luke skywalker then Smooth is by far and a way my 'Ben Kenobi' on here...listen to what he (and many others) say and sort it out.

Smooth has to be one of the most helpful and informative people on here...I've bought software based on his recommendations and used his settings - all this info given for free for the community. And he's more than right here...I'm no expert photographer and although I use TW and MW theres no way I could swap stitcher for something that doesnt blend the images.

So...if theres one person to listen to

Its Smooth (and dave etc)

Hint hint EP

Message posted by eagle on February-19-2007 at 12:41pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hear, hear.

I too have been one of 360texas's and smooth's padawan here on this board. I've sought their help for a number of things and have used their wisdom and guidance to improve including purchasing equipment and software.

I too hope that easypano listens and implements this critical feature. Perhaps they're already working on it or are having difficulty implementing. Either way, they owe it to their loyal users to inform them where they stand. A little acknowledgment goes a long way.

I have the Pro version package I purchased for about $800 a number of years ago. It's was a great value and I used it quite a bit. Currently, I still use Tourweaver because of unique features including full authoring customization on design and especially the splash page. I can't say the same about Panoweaver. I have long ditched Panoweaver for its limitations which is a shame.

For the price these products command, it should be the king of all pano software with all the most sought after features .
Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Other manufacturers have caught up and are very competitive with easypano's offerings.

If Immervision had the customization features of Tourweaver, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. But that day may be coming.

I hope easypano responds quickly especially now that one of their biggest proponents has come out to call them out.

r,
eagle

Message posted by vilmer on February-19-2007 at 2:36pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
I just visited the Easypano factory, and made a pic with the hidden camera. It seems they are inventing a brand new blending engine!

Message posted by roadkillron on February-19-2007 at 2:58pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
Nice covert camera work Vilmer, I heard a rumor there having trouble getting it to work though - wheres the on button? LOL

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by spinem on February-20-2007 at 1:59pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
someone is really pissed off. lol.
well, for any employee at Easypano... i've yelled and shouted SO many times before regarding this issue. And Smooth always stood by your side.

Maybe its time to really consider listening to our callings?

Message posted by spinem on February-20-2007 at 2:03pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote:
If Immervision had the customization features of Tourweaver, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. But that day may be coming.

Immervision is just one step far away. I predict that within few months they'll release their TW killer.

Message posted by spinem on February-20-2007 at 2:04pm
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by vilmer on February-19-2007
I just visited the Easypano factory, and made a pic with the hidden camera. It seems they are inventing a brand new blending engine!

I know that chinese are excellent in reverse-engineering stuff...
I surely hope they did not reverse-engineer the wrong type of blender :p

Message posted by VT360 on February-20-2007 at 10:05pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

don't hold it in smooth! LOL

yeah, easypano really failed us on this.

like Doughboy, said, "Either they don't know, don't show, or just don't care about what's going on in the hood..."

Message posted by smooth on February-20-2007 at 10:33pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by VT360 on February-20-2007

don't hold it in smooth! LOL

yeah, easypano really failed us on this.

like Doughboy, said, "Either they don't know, don't show, or just don't care about what's going on in the hood..."

Who is Doughboy? LOL

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register