Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Workflow on out-door panoramas? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-07-2007 at 6:39am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody.

I have been asked to give an offer on 300 out door panoramic pictures. I have go cut VERY much off the price to do this, so I have to find a way to reduce my workflow.

I am considering to shoot in raw. From the raw file I can then make 3 pictures with different exposures and blend them in photomatix. Is this good enough to get a propper result at all times of the day?

Any other suggestions on how to reduce the workflow would be appreciated. The pice will depend on my time put in to it. It would be a great summer job :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by tturner on March-07-2007 at 9:50pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Morten:

Just my thoughts...I would think it would take longer to process the Raw files to get the exposures you want than to just shoot 3 or 4 exposures while you are on location.  I do like the Raw process but for speed I shoot JPEG and avoid the extra post step.

TTurner

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-08-2007 at 2:21am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi TTurner

Well I guess I have to experiment with that. It is important that I can shoot the pictures as fast as important so I use as little time at location as possible. That is why I was considering shooting raw. 3 pictures and on to the next scene.

Well first of all I have to make the client an offer. No matterwhat the price per panorama will be, it will be a whole lot of money with 300 panoramas! So the question is also what the clients budget is.

Thank you for your input.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by 360texas on March-08-2007 at 9:53am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Wild guess here ! 

Tell the client you want to do this project but would need to work with their budget.  You need a fair project price but do not want to price yourself too high that cause rejection.  Negotiate with them based on their work requirements.  Ask them about 'what price they were thinking about spending. 

Who knows maybe they will tell you their pricing expectations and it will be far more than what you were thinking about.

I am sure they have a target price e$timate that they were thinking about spending.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-08-2007 at 11:17am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Yes that is good advice. I have actually asked them about their budget. I could not get him to say much about it. All he said was that he had searched the web to get an idea about the prices.

Her also said that he was willing to compromise with the quality. Unfortunately I will not deliver poor quality. So many other providers do poor quality tours and I do not want to be one of them. I sincerely believe that there must be a market for high quality work.

So. If he want poor quality he can also find a provider that will charge a lot less then my minimum prices. Well... I guess that I will just have to try and see what it brings.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-08-2007 at 2:32pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

You guys produce better work than me but fwiw I'd go for the raw option, especially if its windy and there are trees or clouds (using photomatrix to blend em will make the pics look blurred if there is any movement in the trees or clouds).

Hope that helps!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register