Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: World Wide Panorama Event 'Atmosphere' Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on March-13-2007 at 12:30pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Just thought I would remind y'all that The World Wide Panorama Event is scheduled for 20 - 25 March 2007.

Theme = Atmosphere
Images must be photographed between Tuesday and Sunday 20 - 25 March.

Post processing Format is QTVR only. Pano2qtvr software is the best assembly software. Usually there is a week or so afterward to stitch and upload your best work.

This is 'Showing' not a contest that is supported by the University of California at Berkely.

Who can do this ? You can !

When the Preparation server is open you must first register for an account here:

http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/

After you complete your panoramas return here to upload them ( 1 full screen and 1 small screen version of the same panorama).

Learn more about the WWP
http://www.worldwidepanorama.com

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by vilmer on March-13-2007 at 1:07pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
I'm going to skip this one. I don't have enough imagination to make a pano of 'Atmosphere'

Message posted by 360texas on March-13-2007 at 2:59pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Vilmer,  there is an Essay written to describe the various abstract views of "Atmosphere".  It will help you get a better idea - food for thought.  Scroll down to mid page and read About the Theme.

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by vilmer on March-13-2007 at 3:51pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Hey Dave, thanx.
I have been monitoring that for a few months, but it said 'coming soon' or something for a long time.

Anyway, it didn't help me that much, to abstract for me.
I can't shoot the atmosphere around the earth, because my space shuttle is in maintenance at the moment.

Another option is atmosphere as in a 'feeling'. Like a hostile or friendly atmosphere. But how to put that in a pano?

For a hostile atmosphere: we have violent protests here often enough, but my camera is to precious to anticipate in one of them.

Friendly atmosphere? could be a bunch of hippies smoking pot next to a camp fire. The problem for that one is, that the only hippie is know is straight edge

Anyway, I will do some brainstorming, maybe I'll come up with something.
Tips are welcome btw.

Regards,
Vilmer

Message posted by roadkillron on March-13-2007 at 4:35pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
If you come across a friendly atmosphere I would be careful! I hear the camp fire smoke isnt too good for you. LOL

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by 360texas on March-28-2007 at 2:57pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Imaging was to be complete last Sunday 25Mar.  When I checked the preparation server today.. there was 10 days remaining to stitch and upload.

I think 6 April is last day before the site goes public

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by bigwade on April-11-2007 at 5:14pm
View bigwade's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bigwade Search   Quote bigwade Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bigwade
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
March-06-2004
16 Posts
Hi,
the WWPstats, project Atmosphere, for equipment and software is here: http://timhatch.com/projects/wwp-equipment/data-307.html
Only one panoweaver user against 100 PTgui users..........
Why is that ?
grtz
Frank

Message posted by smooth on April-12-2007 at 3:15am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is simple Frank! Until last week Panoweaver didn't support blending plug-in's. This has now been resolved with Smartblend support and soon to support Enblend.

While all this was taking so much time, many people were forced to learn how to use PTGui to stitch their panorama images.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Joe Rao on April-12-2007 at 11:51pm
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Dear Smooth,

I am sorry that I mistook your word Emblend. In fact, befor the release of Panoweaver5.0, our programmers have made a full test of Smartblend and Emblend and decided to support Smartblend only because Smartblen can do better than Emblend.

What I want to say is Panoweaver5.0 will have its own blender soon. Hope you will enjoy it by then.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register