Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sunshine panos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by prb16 on March-18-2007 at 4:15am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi all,

I am still getting to grips with my Canon 5D and 8mm Sigma lens. I take a lot of panos in bright sunlight; my question is how do I get the sun to appear as a bright star rather than a hazy blur? And my other question is what would be the preferred settings for my camera as I regularly photograph in the conditions shown in my sample: Sample

This was photographed using these settings: iso 100, f9.

Many thanks for any help,

Paul.

Message posted by eagle on March-18-2007 at 8:43am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hmmmm.....

How about bracketing ?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 9:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Paul,

I will take an educated guess and say you are using the Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye? This being the case you will not get a "star" effect because of the anti-flare coating on the lens. Where the older F/4.0 did lovely stars this new release doesn't. It is the trade off for the improvements to Chromatic Aberration and Vignetting fixes.

Possibly if you close the aperture quite a bit move you may be able to get some sort of star effect but then you will spend time combining images. Another idea is to add the star using effect filters in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro etc.

Star Sun Sample

Same in Easypano Flash

As a side note: Your panorama is a great scene but it is very soft and possibly to small for fullscreen presentation. What is the final image size you are using? Sharpening the image correctly would make an improvement.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on March-18-2007 at 10:02am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Whoa! Easypano Flash output!

Cool! Saw your post on the other thread.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by roadkillron on March-18-2007 at 1:32pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

I have to say, the flash output looks pretty good. Seems to be not as jerky as the other flash outputs I have seen. Like in 3DVista and Pano2QTVR there a little choppier.

D'oh! I allways get those two mixed up. (see below, oops I fixed it) 

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 1:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think you mean Pano2QTVR Roadkill? PTGui doesn't do any viewers.

I think it looks promising and Easypano Panoweaver default protects the .jpg image by encryption to .dat format.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by prb16 on March-18-2007 at 2:31pm
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi Smooth,

Thanks for the feed back and advice. You are quite correct in what lens I am using, I must try to remember to give more detail in future. I will give the settings you suggested a go.

The image was only a sample at 600kb in size and as you suggested to small for a quality full screen pano, the original file size is closer to 4mb. Would I be correct in aiming for a file size nearer 2mb for a full screen panorama or stay with the original, my average is around the 3mb mark? I should think that is fairly normal with a 3 fisheye stitch. Here is a sample: Boardwalk
I would be interested in any points to improve, but please ignore the floor patching effort!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you Smooth and everyone else who contributes to this forum. I am a self taught one man band trying to produce high quality panoramas and virtual tours, so the rich resource of knowledge and advice this forum has given me has been invaluable to my progress.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Message posted by roadkillron on March-18-2007 at 2:46pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
Your floor patch isn't that bad, I've come up with worse myself. What viewer are you using? I like it, but it takes way too long to download. Personally I think even 2mb is too big - you should try to shave it down as much as you can without degrading the quality too much. 

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 2:53pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Paul,

Yes, much better that one. I think 4000x2000 and a file size between 1.2MB to 2.2MB is expected for quality fullscreen pano's.

Resizing will result in different "file" sizes depending on the amount of information in the photograph. I.E: the amount of colours and the amount of dark and light details etc. Resizing correctly really needs a purpose built algorithm. Programs like www.kissmyimage.com or FM Digital Darkroom WP Pro (Web Presenter Pro) plug-in for Photoshop really do a great job for little outlay.

The patching is not so bad. Not perfect but considering it is 100% clone no down shot it is better then most. Sure it can be fixed with some more practice and or some other techniques.

It's nice of you to say thanks and appreciated.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by prb16 on March-18-2007 at 7:07pm
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi Roadkill,

I used the Spi-V engine for my examples provided by . Field of view

The only reason the download took a while was the file size (3.5mb) other than that the Spi-V engine is an excellent viewer created by Aldo Hoeben

Thanks again for your input Smooth.

Paul.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register