Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: distort perspective in panos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by loft16 on March-22-2007 at 1:09pm
View loft16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by loft16 Search   Visit loft16's Homepage www   Quote loft16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
loft16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
March-22-2007
5 Posts
Hello,

I am a newbie to pano's, and tried succesfully the demo versions of Pano- and Tourweaver. But when I make a pano and put it in the 'scene' of the Tourweaver, when I look around in my scene, the perspective on both sides of the frame always turn "distorted".

I refer to the "gallery" on this site of Tourweaver, and compare the scenes in

Noble House (very much perspective distortion)
China tabacco Museum (almost no perspective distortion)

... I have even notices other examples on the net, where even in very small rooms there was almost nothing of perspective distortion.

How can I reduce that distortion?

I use a 8mm sigma as a full circular and I tries it with a 28mm, but the results are all the same.

I'm really looking forward to any response on this little problem...

Thanks in advance!

Nic

BTW I can not change the colors of the buttons in the trial mode of tourweaver 2.0. Is everybody have the same problem? I contacted the help-desk, but no reply so far...

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2007 at 1:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It has to do with "chosen" FOV (Field of view) default is 70 in some programs in others it is 90. Whatever the case it is adjustable in the settings. You need to mimic the human eye. You can see a lot more than the human eye allows in a panorama. I typically stick with 70 but have been know to adjust between 70 and 100 to minimise distortion.

Play with it you will find what you like.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on March-22-2007 at 1:30pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Loft!

Maybe this topic in the Tourweaver forum is what you are looking for:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2689&SearchPagePosition=1&search=color+of+buttons&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by loft16 on March-22-2007 at 4:46pm
View loft16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by loft16 Search   Visit loft16's Homepage www   Quote loft16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
loft16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
March-22-2007
5 Posts
Thanks to both of you!!

You helped me a lot, great that this kind of helpfull people like you live on this planet!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register