Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Panoweaver 5 - Import HDR? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by aidangibbons on March-27-2007 at 1:41pm
View aidangibbons's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by aidangibbons Search   Visit aidangibbons's Homepage www   Quote aidangibbons Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
aidangibbons
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-27-2007
2 Posts
Hi,

I work for a post production house in London and we are very interested in Panoweaver 5. We have a license for 4 already and use it quite a lot ot create HDR environments for our 3D projects. I was very excited to read about the new HDR capabilities of Pano 5, however, it does seem to be lacking one vital thing - the ability to import HDR panoramics.

Basically, we import all our exposures and use the same stitching coordinates to stitch all of them. We then convert each panoramic exposure to Cubic and export as tiffs for PS. We do this because cloning in Photoshop is much easier on the unstretched cubic conversion. Cloning on a spherical one is messy/tricky. Once cloned, we make the HDR within PS CS2. However, we are then left with a HDR cubic map and absolutely no way to convert that into Spherical again because Panoweaver cannot import HDRs.

Is this a Beta limitation, or will Panoweaver ever be able to import? If it was possible, we could simple import our nice clean cloned out cubic HDR map from photoshop and import it into Pano and convert back to spherical. Then we could easily use that as an environment in 3D. Currently we have to unwrap a cube in 3D and apply the HDR to the cube..

Any info would be great, it would be so helpful to have this import option :)

Message posted by smooth on March-27-2007 at 2:02pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Panoweaver 5.0 allows you to create HDR panorama images using a set of RAW images. You import the RAW images and then make multiple sets of images at different exposures using the one set of control points. This way the multiple panorama images all match 100% and you output the multiple exposure panoramas to than be merged using your favourite HDR program I.E: Photomatix, Photoshop Photo Merge or whatever. Reading the manual explains this. (Although the manual doesn't open for me in the latest release)

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-28-2007 at 9:30am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi aidangibbons

Smooth have taught me something else that might help you in your work flow.

With the program Ptlens your can take a partial view of the panorama, save it, edit it in photoshop and insert It back into the panorama. So if you just need to remove the tripod this can really help you.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-28-2007 at 12:02pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi Aidan,

had a look at your sexy looking site and likethe work u've been involved in. However i did notice that when I clicked on Johny walker that the navigation got half lost on the right hand side which kinda defeats the object. I was useing IE 7.

Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on March-28-2007 at 12:03pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Not PTLens but PTEditor Morten.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-28-2007 at 3:52pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Oops.

I wasn't in front of my own computer when writing the reply. Thanks for the correction :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by aidangibbons on March-31-2007 at 8:01pm
View aidangibbons's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by aidangibbons Search   Visit aidangibbons's Homepage www   Quote aidangibbons Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
aidangibbons
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-27-2007
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

"Panoweaver 5.0 allows you to create HDR panorama images using a set of RAW images. You import the RAW images and then make multiple sets of images at different exposures using the one set of control points. This way the multiple panorama images all match 100% and you output the multiple exposure panoramas to than be merged using your favourite HDR program I.E: Photomatix, Photoshop Photo Merge or whatever. Reading the manual explains this."

I am completely aware of this.. it still doesnt answer my question though im afraid. Say if i have to remove the tripod legs, or whatever...i first comvert to cubic because its much easier to clone stuff out unstretched. I then export every exposure level, then merge to hdr within photoshop just so i can clone stamp it out (in 32bit). Thats all fine, the problem is that there is no way of converting my now merged hdr image back to spherical because Panoweaver won't let me import HDRs.

Phoenix, thanks for the info about my website, im not entirely sure how that happened...im on it :)

Cheeers again fellas

Message posted by smooth on April-01-2007 at 1:06am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You would do the cloning with the final merged HDR panorama image. You don't do it to all the variations and then merge that wouldn't work.

Create an equirectangular 2:1 HDR and then convert to Cubic. Clone/Patch and then either produce the panorama movie or convert back to equirectangular format.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register