Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: How to Use Plugins in Panoweaver5.0? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Joe Rao on April-09-2007 at 5:35am
View Joe Rao's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Joe Rao Search   Visit Joe Rao's Homepage www   Quote Joe Rao Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Joe Rao
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-06-2007
178 Posts

Dear Customers,

As to use the plugin of Smart Blend in Panoweaver5.0, I would like to share my way of using it with you.

First I download Smart Blend from http://smartblend.panotools.info  install it on my computer and then launch Panoweaver5.0, Tools=>Advanced Settings=>Plugins, and then import the correct address of Smart Blend (such as C:\Program Files\Easypano\Panoweaver 5.00\plugins\smartblend_1_2_5\smartblend.exe) and Command Line Parameters and check the box of "use this as default blender". You may refer to the pamameters in the file of "read me" which comes together with Smart Blend. I always use "-MinSize 0 -TSmooth 8 -WrapMode 1 " with good result.

You should note that there will be also no good if there will be margin between yellow circle and effectual image when you are adjusting the radius of that circle. You will also fail to stitch the images if you have imported the incorrect address of Smart Blend and typed into the wrong Command Line Parameters.

Best Regards,

Joe Rao 

-------------
Easypano Holdings Inc.

Message posted by smooth on April-10-2007 at 2:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Excellent !

Just so people know using Joe's suggested "-MinSize 0 -TSmooth 8 -WrapMode 1" will not be perfect for every scene in some cases you will find better blending results setting these parameters yourself following the Smartblend read me file or simply not adding anything to the parameters line.

The added feature of "Plug-ins" make Panoweaver worth using once again.

Can we now ask for "Enblend" to become an alternative to using Smartblend?

Great work everyone at Easypano.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by ajay on April-13-2007 at 7:21am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts

Hi

Bin away for a while and just getting to terms with PW5. Not sure if I'm just dim but:

What's the advantage of including the plugin SmartBlend? Is it mainly the exposure balancing?

Decided to download it to see, but still unsure what it does? Also, looking at the parameter settings recomended, can't for the life of me see how you make any changes to such settings MinSize 0 -TSmooth 8 -WrapMode 1

Any guidance much appreciated

Thanks

Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by 360texas on April-13-2007 at 9:23am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Smart Blend works really well for me.  I just pathed the plugin to where I keep smartblend.exe on my hard drive and tell PW5 to use it as my default blender.

First time... I stitched I found that the whole image blended great but the left and right side wrap around seam of the panorama was not blended together at all.  Then I remembered reading in another forum that it was necessary to add command line parameters  -v  -w   and that would fix the 'wrap around blend'

Then I restitched.. and that fixed it !!  So be sure to add command line params  -v -w   .

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by willie on April-13-2007 at 9:39am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

"So be sure to add command line params  -v -w "

Is this part of the command line parameters script in advanced settings?

Could you post a complete command line parameter that would work most of the time (including the -v -w part). Smart blend is a bit of a mystery to me.

Thanks,

Willie

Message posted by 360texas on April-13-2007 at 12:19pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

DUH - just read Rao's comment above.  Says the same thing.  Besure to read the Smartblend README.txt

These two are at the bottom of the parma's list in the readme.txt

-v  means turn on the Verbose output.. means it displays its current progress activity.  Smartblend says its IGNORE

-w means wrap around the -180 left side and +180 right side boundry

I will have to reread the readme params list for the others

Information

Smartblend is written by Michael Norel and 

read about here http://smartblend.panotools.info/

Download SmartBlend smartblend_1_2_5.zip 

Download to a new folder and unzip.  Remember what folder name you put smartblend into.. then in PW5 I added the params here

Tools | Advanced Settings | Plugins Tab

--------------------

Lcation of smartblend.exe

browse to the smartblend folder and select smartblend.exe file name

Command line parameters:

-v -w

---------------

When Enblend plug in is later added to the Plugin list.. use the same process and command line parameters. Andrew Mihal wrote this program add in.
 http://enblend.sourceforge.net/

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ajay on April-14-2007 at 7:02am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts

Just one other thing

if you use smartblend with 4+T is seems not to use the top image at all, is this as it should be and therefore smartblend is no use if you are using 4+T???

Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by 360texas on April-14-2007 at 5:32pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I will confirm that smartblend does not blend across the upper most part of the zenith and nadir poles.  I did find a small vertical line where it was not blended... but easily fixed in PS.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Svendus on April-15-2007 at 1:48pm
View Svendus's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Svendus Search   Visit Svendus's Homepage www   Quote Svendus Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Svendus
Standard Member
Standard Member
Sweden
April-14-2007
3 Posts

speaking of plug inns autopano.exe should be an excellent one in panoweaver 5.0 1024

-------------
Svendus of Sweden
Sony DSLR-A100
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Rainox DCR-7900ZD High Definition
Rainox Rainox DCR-CF185PRO
Manfrotto 300N   
Manfrotto Digi 724B

Message posted by rv360 on April-24-2007 at 1:17am
View rv360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rv360 Search   Quote rv360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rv360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Colombia
June-25-2006
5 Posts
Hi,
I Cant see somewhere the menu: Tools=>Advanced Settings=>Plugins

Where is that??

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register