Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: AUTOCAD VIRTUAL TOUR Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-10-2007 at 11:42pm
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Ok so I thought I'd share just to get opinions since I haven't yet.

Working on a virtual tour based on renderings and no actual photos.

Here's the start of it.  Let me know what you think?

http://www.thewebtropolis.com/CADTOUR/wholeTour/Tourviewer_Boardroom.html

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
"Online Training For I.T. Professionals"
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by roadkillron on April-11-2007 at 12:27am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Thats pretty sweet. I have a Autocad files of this job I'm working on, was it hard to do? Heres a tour of the buildings I have files for.

http://www.cajunpalms.com/multimedia.html

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-11-2007 at 12:48am
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Actually it was surprisingly easy.  I'm hoping to find somesort of market for this.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas.  I'm thinking it would be good for new constructions, re-models, future condos (get em filled while still being built) and maybe even good for getting permits passed.  With this type of tour there's no tripod.  The camera can literally be anywhere.  You could do an aerial shot if you wanted to.

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by Thatone1785 on April-11-2007 at 1:08am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
That looks great - What cad software are you using?

Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-11-2007 at 3:20am
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

I first wanted to see if this is something that could be done.  So I asked an architecture firm to supply me with a DWG file.  Not sure which AutoCAD program they used to create it.  I think most will produce this file format though.

I then imported the file into 3D Studio Max.  This first file was very basic.  You can see it below.  At that point I placed the cameras and used the built in Panorama Exporter.  This sounds more complicated than it really is.  I actually know next to nothing about 3D Studio Max, so if I can do it anyone can.  If anyone trys it and has problems let me know and I'll try and post the steps.

The Panorama Exporter kicks out a finished spherical panoram.  Pretty hands off.  You just tell it which little camera you want it to render and it spins and does it itself.  Then you take the finished bring it into Panoweaver and you're good to go.

I then wanted to produce a very impressive one to show clients.  Since I'm not a 3d max genius I bought the finished boardroom shown at the link above from http://www.turbosquid.com .  I think in cost me around $50.  Same process though.

So you can see you can do something that is very basic or very detailed.  I'm thinking if you can get the people that actually do architectural renderings or fly throughs that would be a good thing.

-------------
ITDVDS.COM
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-11-2007 at 4:38am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Olybouy

That looks amazing. I see an amazing opportunity in virtual tours like this. It is a great opportunity to sell virtual tours to developers etc.  I have already some contact with 1-2 architechts. I will definately look further in to this opportunity. My main concerns is that I do not own 3D studio MAx and as far as I remember it is very expensive. Also I will not be able to make the 3D models, so I have to be sure that the architecht have got them.

Would you mind sharing your examples so I can experiment with it? If they turn out any good I will of course pay for them.

Best regards

Morten  

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-11-2007 at 11:15am
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Yes 3D Studio Max is an expensive program and has a high learning curve.  I'll see what I can do about providing samples to practice on.

I'll tell you what though and this goes for everyone.  If you would like to add this as something you can offer your clients, but either do not have this program or do not have the desire to learn 3D Studio Max I would be willing to be outsourced to. 

You provide me with the DWG file or whatever your architect/rendering house uses and I kick you back a finished stitched panorama (JPG or BMP) like the one above.  My logo won't be on it or anything.  You are free to then take it into Panoweaver and brand it however you like with your name and logo. 

Like I said this is a new thing to me too and I'm not a 3D MAX  genius so I won't be adding to the architects drawing.  In other words if there's not carpet or finished looking chairs in the file you give me there won't be that in there when you get it back.  You'll get back what you give me in othe words. 

I'm not sure what file types I can accept, but for sure .DWG & .3DS can be used.  I'm pretty good at finding work arounds though. 

I don't have a problem if you send me the file either and want me to take a look at it before you tell your client if it can be done or not using their file.  I just tell your client this is a totally new thing and the bugs are still be worked out, but you (meaning the client) would be the 1st in the neighborhood to have it.

Like I said I have no desire to brand the finished product as my own unless you would like me too. 

Anyone who's interested here's my website http://www.thewtrop.com .  Go to the contact section and you'll see how to reach me.

-------------
ITDVDS.COM
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by eagle on April-11-2007 at 12:14pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Awesome stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

r,
eagle

Message posted by VT360 on April-20-2007 at 1:21pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

olyboy,

which 3d max studio version are u using?

thanks

Message posted by emarts on April-20-2007 at 1:51pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
This is totally cool! I'll keep you in mind.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register