Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: AUTO EXPOSURE LOCK VS BRAKETING Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-19-2007 at 5:34pm
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

In the past I've used Auto Exposure Lock to get the same consistant exposure across multiple photos that way the seams don't show up.  Now I'm starting to mess with braketing.  I'm new to the braketing process.  My goal is to braket +/- 2 EV's in both directions for each shot and then use Photomatrix to come up with a nice composite.

Here's what I'm wondering..  Do I no longer use Auto Exposure Lock and just use the braketing feature?  Don't want to end up with a bunch of seam lines..

Any braketing tips would help too.  Thanks.

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
"Online Training For I.T. Professionals"
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by 360texas on April-19-2007 at 5:37pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm after trying Bracketing -2,0,+2 images... what do you find as an acceptable photo.. You have the D80,  what do you find is acceptable?

We used to use the Nikon 990 with AE LOCK.  But the same functionality did not occur using our Canon 350d, 20d, or 5d.

And what software did you use to merge the HD photos??

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-19-2007 at 5:40pm
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Yes Nikon D80.  I guess I need to know. Do you use these features simultaneously or because I'm braketing can I no longer use AE Lock?

So because you do not have AE Lock on your current camera do you braket only then on your photos and then combine them with some sort of HDR software?

The job I'm doing is for a high end hotel so the end result has to be very good.  So as far as quality I'm not looking to do real estate photo quality on this one.  Much higher.

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
"Online Training For I.T. Professionals"
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by 360texas on April-20-2007 at 9:40am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

All three of our cameras do have AE lock but we do not use it.  Instead we have tried Auto-bracketing.  We set our camera to -2, 0 +2 and then hold the remote shutter button down.. and it automatically shoots 3 images - under -2 stops, on at 0 and +2 over exposed.  On occasion we use Photoshop HDR for combining the 3 exposures into 1.  We do that for all 4 images at 90 degree view angles.  Then we stitch them.

Actually we do not do HDR very often.  I have read that PSCS3 does a better job at High Dynamic Range functions.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register