Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: SHOOTING A PET HOTEL Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-19-2007 at 5:52pm
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

OK so this one's going to be a challenge.  Just took on a pet hotel job.  If you're not familiar with these.. You basically drop your dog off in a suite, which is bigger then my office I might add, for $150-$200 a day and your pets are pampered while you're away on vacation.  Flat screen tv's, Jazz music oriental rugs, the works.

So here's the deal.  They have a common area for the pets.  Although I won't be photographing in the general population area I will be shooting above it on the balcony.  Did I mention this shoot is all indoors?

So there will be dogs everywhere jumping around.  Lots of motion.  Any tips on how to shoot this and not have blurry dogs everywhere?  Because it's indoors the shutter speed can't be as quick as if I was outdoors in the sun.  Anticipating a fair amount of photoshop work on this one.

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
"Online Training For I.T. Professionals"
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-20-2007 at 10:35am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Oldboy

What about using a higher ISO value and shoot raw images so you can compensate for the lack of exposure?? You can also try using a lower iso value eg f 5.6

If it was me, I would also take multible pictures at the same exposure. That way you have more pictures to choose from if one contain a blurry dog.

If you have the opportunity, bring a laptop to check you images while you are on location. That might very well save you a lot of time in the end.

You could also try to convince the pet hotel that the images will be best if there are no animals. Emphasize that they are selling exclusive surroundings for their pets and panoramas witout disturbing elements as animals will be the best way to to keep focus on luxrious surroundings. If they really want to display animals, offer them to take a couple of still pictures of the animals playing, or beeing pampered, and use these pictures to create a slide show that you implement as a part of the tour. That way you will get the best combination. Panoramas to display the interior design, and show the exclusiveness of the hotel, and snapshots of animals beeing pampered. I actually think it will streghten the message and effect of the tour.

Let us know how it works out, and please post a link to the tour when you have finished it :o)

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by emarts on April-20-2007 at 1:50pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Leave the blurry dogs in. It will give the impression of happy dogs. I did a shoot once where the family cat kept walking around. The final pano had the cat in it 3 times. The owner thought it was cool.

Message posted by olyboy1994 on April-20-2007 at 7:56pm
View olyboy1994's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by olyboy1994 Search   Visit olyboy1994's Homepage www   Quote olyboy1994 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Emarts, Oh I'm sure they'll be 10 of the same dog running around by the time I get done .

Morten, I actually haven't delved into the whole raw photo thing yet.  My camera does shoot it though.  If fact it appears to have a feature where it will shoot raw and jpg at the same time resulting in two photos per click. 

I'm thinking of asking him to remove all the dogs.  Doing a bunch of shoots of the room and then bringing the dogs in next and shoot again.  I'm thinking I'll end up with two sets up panoramas one with dogs and one with out.  I'll then mask out around the dogs and paste them into the panorama without dogs.  The end result should hopefully be a nice composite.  A lot of work, but the end result could be good.

-------------
EQUIPMENT: NIKON D80 CAMERA, AGNOS MROTATOR TCPS W/ RING, Sigma F/3.5 8mm Fisheye Lens
ITDVDS.COM
www.itdvds.com

Message posted by olyboy1994 on July-15-2007 at 10:11pm
olyboy1994
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-10-2007
40 Posts

Here's the finished virtual tours.

http://www.doghotel.net/videos.html

-------------
ITDVDS.COM
www.itdvds.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register