Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Is Panoweaver 5 better? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jrockwell3 on April-23-2007 at 9:07am
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Does Panoweaver 5 stitch images better than 4.0 did?

Message posted by smooth on April-23-2007 at 12:17pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Well Panoweaver 4.0 stitched most files very well. But Panoweaver 5.0 has better results now with full frame images I.E: from Nikkor 10.5mm, Canon 15mm etc. Panoweaver 5.0 also can stitch wide angle "non fisheye" images and the biggest advantage is the capabilities of allowing the "Smartblend" plug-in.

Not to mention you can now stitch RAW images and make multiple exposure panorama images from the one set of RAW images. (all in one go) allowing you to keep a perfect matching stitch for blending in your favourite HDR program like Photomatix, Photoshop Photomerge or DRI Pro.

Yes, it IS better, but the user still has to have some skill. 

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maserati on April-30-2007 at 7:47pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts

Smooth, do you have any examples of this Raw HDR work flow you can share?

I have not been up to date with the forum. I apologize,in advance, if there is something already submitted because I have not run a search.

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on May-01-2007 at 12:49am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mate, just read the manual and use the trial if you don't already have a Panoweaver 4.0 or 5.0 license it's not that hard to work out.

To be honest I'm not a fan of HDR so I personally don't really use this option much anyway. But for people who wish to deal with blown out windows etc it is a good? (another) option on how to eliminate it.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by maserati on May-01-2007 at 11:14am
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Got it, I have pw4 and will jump at some point.  The purchase link is on smooth360.com?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by smooth on May-01-2007 at 12:27pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

John,

If you have a license for Panoweaver 4.0 you can upgrade to 5.0 for FREE so long as you had 4.0 "before" 5.0 was released.

The site for upgrading is www.smooth360.info if you wish to support me.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register