Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Dealing with sun and sky in a panorama??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on April-30-2007 at 9:12am
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

Hello!

I just starting to create my first panoramas, and I have trouble taking a shot of the sky. The Sigma fisheye lens won't focus, and cannot take the picture of the sky. Do I have to focus the lens manually or? Also, when the sun is shining very strong in the middle of the sky, the picture comes out with problems. Do you have any suggestions from your experience??

Message posted by smooth on April-30-2007 at 2:43pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pedy,

Most professional panorama shooters do not use "Auto-Focus". The Sigma 8mm is pretty much in focus on everything when set to "Infinity". So the answer to your question is F/8.0 Manual Focus setting set at Infinity. If you are not shooting RAW (and you should be) make sure you are in Manual Shooting mode and set the White Balance to suit the scene.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pedy on April-30-2007 at 3:33pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts

Thanks, that helps a lot! I will do that!

Thanks  Smooth!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register