Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Need your idea on outsource! Friend! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vargas on June-03-2007 at 6:38am
View vargas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vargas Search   Visit vargas's Homepage www   Quote vargas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vargas
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
March-05-2007
12 Posts

As a outsource service provider on panorama, I was frustrated temporarily. Sending hundreds of introductions to photographers, but no response so far.(Sorry if bothered you.)

Maybe panorama industry really DOES NOT need outsource! But I would like to find a definite conclusion! These days I have been thinking of this question and would like to hear your reasons about this topic:
Will you choose outsource? Why or why not?

These are my thoughts:
Why choose:
1.Cheap(only serveral $ stitch&retouch a pano)
2.good quality: can meet your requirements
3.fast enough: usually can finish within 24 hours, or earlier.
4.Save time: don't need waste time on stitching and retouching. May focus on other important things.

Why not:
1.There are not many panos so can finish alone.
2.Softwares are cheap.
3.Have better control on color, etc. Because sometimes people will have different ideas on a pano.(this is a photographer's idea.)

I am sure that you have your ieas on this topic. It will be great to share with us!

-------------
Stitching and Tourweaver Services
vargashan@gmail.com
------------------------
www.vtoutsource.com

Message posted by simon on June-03-2007 at 9:18am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

Vargas,

Received your email, read it with interest and visited your website. It certainly didn't bother me at all, your samples were fine.

Think the problem may be that you are targeting the wrong audience ie photographers who already know how to stitch/edit their work and forms an essential part of the creative process. Assume you got email addresses from forums associated with stitching software.

Think you are better targeting advertising agencies etc who hire photographers (like me) to take the shots only and then edit in house. However, I suspect they would also be very reluctant to outsource this work as it breaks the direct link in the creative process with the client.
Just some thoughts, hope it helps and wish you every success.
Simon

Message posted by Thatone1785 on June-04-2007 at 1:27pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
When I think of outsourcing, I expect to get a better deal than I would here in the US - For example, when I need good PHP programming done, even though I can do it myself, I outsource it to a guy overseas who does a great job and he charges a small $6/hr... In his country that's likely a great wage, where as in the US I would have to pay $40-80/hr for the same work. I don't do the programming myself because my time is worth far more than $6/hr.

I looked over your pricing, and for the real estate tours that we do, I would have to pay you about $40-50+ per tour(stitch 10-12 panos, 20 stills, floor plan, tourweaver) to do what I have taught my assistant to do in 2-3 hours... If I pay my assistant $10/hr, then it is obviously a better deal for me to not outsource the work...

Just as stated in the post above, marketing to the members of this forum is probably not going to get results because we already own the software and already have a process that we follow for getting our work done. Furthermore, I think that most of the members on this forum do high-end tour work and would never feel comfortable outsourcing because they want to have complete control of the final product (from start to finish).

I think that you business is a good idea and I don't want to be discouraging, but you are going to have to find another way to get customers if you are going to be successful.

Message posted by 360texas on June-04-2007 at 4:46pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmmm well,  Our pricing for small NON Realestate projects - say 20 panoramas can be found http://360texas.com/services/info.htm

But lets say I get a NON Realestate inquiry for say 200 panoramas.  Sounds like a nice quiet project that I can probably do.. but the client needs quick turn around.  Certainly I would take the imaging... but I would now look to some other trusted company to do the stitching... just to meet the clients time requirements.  Quality control would still be my requirement.   I am just risk sharing.  I would assume all the risk if my outsourcing failed to produce.

And no I would not charge the full published rate.. because I could now become more 'competitive' price wise and still meet the clients time needs.

I agree, getting the work done outside the US is very useful.

Sometimes outsourcing makes business sense.  Everyone wins.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by vargas on June-05-2007 at 1:19am
View vargas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vargas Search   Visit vargas's Homepage www   Quote vargas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vargas
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
March-05-2007
12 Posts

Thanks for your wonderful ideas and I do agree that I targeted the wrong potential client group! 

I now know WHO IS MY CLIENTS and this is really important and start bombing them with ads. (if need quotation, please send private message via forum)

As for the price, I will consider adjusting them. Price of Dave's website stands for high-end and expert. In fact, I made that price according to our cost, including salary, rental, hardware, software, etc. More important, we need invest to train employees,to upgrade software in order to keep up with the development. With poor profit,we cannot survive longer. And this will harm benefits of clients accordingly.

I do agree with Dave that sometimes one photographer cannot finish a big project within a short time(or one is too busy at a time), and then we will be a choice. You cannot train an assistant within several days but we are ready all the time.

Now I wonder how to work in the payment of hour like Thatone1785 said. For example, $6/hour. Maybe client estimate  the time needed to finish the job and then send. I do notice that this is a popular method to outsource. If clients require to do in this way,it also will be ok.

Thank you all again!

-------------
vargashan@gmail.com
------------------------
www.vtoutsource.com

Message posted by Scott on June-06-2007 at 9:29pm
View Scott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Scott Search   Visit Scott's Homepage www   Quote Scott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Scott
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2003
83 Posts
vargas is the man!

I stumbled across this thread last night when I was experiencing the software woes of not being able to stitch on my Mac. I had a deadline to meet this morning, so I don't have time to waste.

I contacted vargas immediately. I described what I needed done, and he gave me his price. I did not feel a need to negotiate, as his price was fair. Before I mentioned my deadline, he told when they would be done, and the timing was right. I didn't even have to ask for a rush.

This morning, the files were there for me to download, as promised.

vtoutsource did such a nice job that I no longer feel like I need to scramble to figure out a satisfactory software situation. I will be using them for all of my pano stitching from now on.

vargas,

It's going to take a while for you to build a lot of business. You are targeting a very small target market. But the need is there. Last night and today are proof of that. A quick browse of the forum shows that a lot of people struggle with the stitching process. Keep at it, bro!

-------------
- Scott

Message posted by callgary on June-21-2007 at 3:20pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Vargus, do you also offer Photoshop services - that is, enhancing the stitched panorama? I find this to be another time-consuming process and when involved in a very large project, it is sometimes difficult to meet a short deadline. There are definitely times when it would be great to outsource both stitching and post-stitching enhancements (color, brightness, contrast, sharpening, etc.). If I were able to outsource both stitching and photo-enhancement, I would be able to spend more time in the field, photographing more tours. The outsource product would have to be RELIABLE, HIGH QUALITY, and COST-EFFECTIVE.
I'm not sure you were addressing the wrong audience. Sometimes it simply takes time for an idea to sink in, or for a need to present itself. For instance, I may see an ad for a new tool and think, "Wow, that's slick!" But having no immediate need for it, I don't run out and buy it. However, when the need arises, and having seen the ad repeated enough times, I immediately think, "NOW I NEED THAT TOOL" and run out to buy it. I think your service is similar to that great tool. You just can't expect everyone to have an immediate need. It will take time. But if you provide a good service, your reputation will spread and your business will grow.

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

Message posted by 360texas on June-21-2007 at 6:19pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Been there, done that, great service. Would I do it again... yes certainly.  Outsourseing has a definate market niche.  When the need is there.. just do it.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by vargas on June-22-2007 at 1:15am
vargas
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
March-05-2007
12 Posts
thank you, Scott and Dave!
It is happy to find my position in panorama field. When people talks of me, will know this guy do outsouce. I am sure to devote to this in the long run.

Photographers won't be my major clients. But they may need outsource sometimes. Our major goal is to get regular outsource work.
We are able to process bracketed images and RAW images, providing FTP space for clients.

-------------
vargashan@gmail.com
------------------------
www.vtoutsource.com

Message posted by callgary on July-14-2007 at 12:16pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
A coupe weeks ago I experienced the need for an assistant to help process virtual tour files for a large project. Instead of hiring someone part-time, I decided to give vtoutsource a try. I had specific requirements, particularly with regards to the Photoshop processing. Vtoutsource processed the first image; I reviewed it and sent my comments. After that, the remaining images came back to me exactly as I needed them. I found vtoutsource to be very easy to work with, providing me with 1.) quality work; 2.) fast turnaround; 3.) unbelievably affordable pricing! I will certainly use vtoutsource again - and again!!!
Thank you vtoutsource!

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register