Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Canon 5d + Sigma 8mm 3.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on June-22-2007 at 7:51am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I just purchased the Canon 5d. I own the Sigma 8mm 3.5 EX DG and the Nodal Ninja 3.

Has anyone used this set-up to shoot 3 around?  If so, can you please give me the top rail setting on the Nodal Ninja 3 that would get me close to the nodal point?  I know the bottom rail should be set at 48mm, but am having trouble fine tunining the top rail setting to get a perfect stitch.

Thanks for any help or insight.

Robert

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on June-22-2007 at 8:57am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

I also just bought a canon 5D and sigma 8mm - but with Agnos Rotator TCPshort - Any instructions to where the No Parallex Point is would also be highly appreciated.

@ Robert.

I am sorry for intruding - it is not that I want to steel your thread, I just thought this would be better then starting a whole new thread.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on June-22-2007 at 10:06am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Sure.  The no parallax for Canon 5d and Sigma 8mm and Agnos Mrotator TCPshort may be found here.  Includes pictures and how to do it.

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Rob63 on June-22-2007 at 5:30pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Dave,

I was looking at your set-up for the Canon 5d + Sigma 8mm.  The photo that shows the top of the tripod, and what is should look like for a good stitch, seems to show that the top of the tripod does not need to be a perfect circle in order to achieve good stitching results.  I've been trying to get that "perfect circle" as I had achieved that with my Nikon 5000 and Fisheye adapter.

Should I not be concerned with achieving the seamless tripod head when looking down on the pano?

Thanks for your input.

Robert

Message posted by 360texas on June-22-2007 at 5:46pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Robert,

Well yes and no... typically if a well formed tripod cap is achieved it means most likely the rest of the panorama is stitched properly.

You can get real close to having a 'perfect circle' tripod cap and still have virtually no stitch errors in the remainding part of the panorama.

The perfect circle is only a goal... besure to balance that with what the balance of the image looks like in terms of seam issues.

To be honest ?  Over the last 9 years (1998) I have yet to get a first time 'perfect stitch'.  There will always be a very very minor stitch issue that will either be ignored or corrected in your favorite photo editor.

OH wow.. you just reminded me... we will have to celebrate our 10th year in the panorama business soon.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register