Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Processing Raw Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maserati on June-30-2007 at 3:37pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
I have not updated to the new software. I have the trial installed and have a few questions. The raw processing takes a lot longer than the 50% tif files I am using now. I am real estate for realtors strictly and they do not get one additional minute for what they pay.

Can Raw files be resized? How many folks are using the Raw stitching?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by 360texas on June-30-2007 at 8:57pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm we use a Canon 350d (XT), or a 20d and a 5d.  All Canon Raw sizes are in fact taken full size with no  'in-camera' compression.  Can they be resized?  Sure! If they are non panorama  single image of a bird or tree they can be cropped.  But as a part of finalizing the image they have to be saved to another file type.. like an 8 bit jpeg, bmp or  16bit  tif.    The original Canon .cr2 or Nikon .nef remains unchanged... only the copy is cropped.  That is why they call the RAW file a "digital negative".   In the case of Canon raw .cr2 file type,  the image alterations are contained inside a side car ".xmp".  So when you want to see the picture again  the .xmp file alterations are implemented when you open the .CR2 file.

Question  What is a 50% Tif?

I would guess most real estate VR folks probably do not use RAW iamges because it adds too much time to the work flow.  For those who are working with large business - Raw imaging is probably their only method.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Thatone1785 on July-01-2007 at 3:06am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
If you have the additional time for RAW processing - Go right ahead.. I do mostly real estate tours and and only use RAW when I can not get a satisfactory WB setting from my camera - For example, in a finished basement with no windows, even with tungsten or auto WB, my pics turn out way too yellow - I can easily fix that in photoshop with the RAW file and get better results than if I tried to edit the colors after stitching... SO for real estate and the low budget associated with real estate tours, RAW is probably only good as a 'last resort'...

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register