Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Setting up a Canon 5D Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on July-01-2007 at 3:49pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

This question goes out to those using a Canon 5D with a Sigma 8mm.  Have been using a Nikon Coolpix up till now so this camera's a whole new type of beast for me.  Can someone offer me a quick outline of how the set up the Canon to best work with this lens?

With my Nikon, I was able to create a custom set up which locked the AE, recognised the fisheye lens, chose spot metering, etc.  I immediately came unstuck with the Canon as the only method to lock the AE is by holding down the * button.  Not really ideal when you're out and about.  Am I missing something? 

Also, do I need to run this in manual mode or in 'C' in order to save a custom setting?

Thanks in advance

-------------
Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design

Message posted by smooth on July-02-2007 at 1:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

No need for the AE-L in Manual Mode with the Canon.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on July-02-2007 at 3:14am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Thanks Smooth, so it is in manual mode that this needs to be shot in then?  I thought the exposure would change in each shot regardless of this?  (sorry - I don't have much 'proper' photographic experience).

Also re. metering, is there a preference for Center-Weighted, Spot or Partial metering?

Thanks

-------------
Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design

Message posted by 360texas on July-02-2007 at 8:29am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
Most of the time I use "center weighted average metering", because the exposure metering is sampled at the center and then averaged across the entire scene.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register