Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Incorrect stitching Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Steve66 on July-06-2007 at 11:17am
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

I have had a QTVR go through the pre-stitch fine with no requests for manual stitching, but the final outcome was incorrect! As this went through the pre-stitch 100% fine I had no option to correct the stitching.
What can you do in this scenario?

Message posted by 360texas on July-06-2007 at 3:12pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

My guess is that your stitching was considered well with in tolorances.

ok please upload it to your server and lets have a look at it.

URL please

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Steve66 on July-07-2007 at 5:38pm
View Steve66's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Steve66 Search   Quote Steve66 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi Dave.

The URL is http://www.wessexwebdesign.com/panoramic/restaurant.htm

It is the base that has gone wrong.
Thank you very much for your help.

Steve

Message posted by 360texas on July-08-2007 at 9:33am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ah yes... I see now.

I see you are using a nodal ninja.  Humm let me think.... looks like the table legs are rotationally offset by a few degrees.

Question:  How many images are you taking?  4?

As I recall the UP zenith shot should be rotated up on the 4th click stop

So the DOWN nadir shot should be rotated down on the 4th click stop.

If you are only experimenting with the down shot I would say probably that is why your chair legs are offset.  Also you are getting the tripod pan head in the view.  If this is commercial work... I think you might do better by taking the camera off the panhead,  relocating the tripod assembly out from view and handholding a nadir shot pointing down.

The other way might be to place a photoshop tripod cap into the bottom [panoweaver calls them 'Floor'.  This type of tripod cap circle might contain your company logo or more information about the resturant.

One other item -  When setting up your tripod.. try to keep the nearest object [chair legs etc] about 2 to 3 feet away from the tripod leg foot.  This gives you walking room around the tripod.  It also help when stitching.

Sorry I could not be more help

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Steve66 on July-08-2007 at 12:21pm
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts

Hi Dave,
This is 6 shots at 60 degrees each + top/bottom.
Thanks for your help.

I assume then that the bottom line is that if the software does a complete 100% pre-stitch, then that is it, there is no way to correct anything

Message posted by 360texas on July-08-2007 at 1:04pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

well ok.. you are using a full frame fisheye lens, hence 6 @60 degrees.  Then on the 6th clickstop you rotate the camera up and take the zenith image.  And on the 6th clickstop you rotate the camera down and take the nadir image. (while the lens is pointed down) look through the view finder... you should see the pan head.  That's what you are going to get in your photo.

My guess is that some how.. when you took the photos your nadir image was rotated out of sync with the 6 horizon image.

You might consider placing 3 manual control points between your nadir image and a few of the 6 images.  Maybe that will sync up the nadir.

Even with the Sigma 8mm lens.. that does 4 around on the 4th clickstop rotate up take ceiling shot... rotate the camera down... yup I get the panhead in the photo ALSO.

So with the Sigma or your full frame fisheye lens.. you get the same results - pan head in the photo.

So you have probably seen some panoramas with the nadir neat and pretty.. without the pan head in the photo.  Ok... Those folks took the extra step.. removed the camera /tripod out of view.  Then they hand held the camera at same height and angle [as if tripod were still in place] and took a down shot.. even with their feet in the photo.

Your other option is to take 6 +1 UP stitch that one with a previously created  tripod cap that covers the nadir hole.  Panoweaver calls this tripod cap image a "Floor" image. 

You may want to consider just trying out a sample Easypano tripod cap sample image 'floor'.  Its in the \floor folder.  If it is their cap fills your hole... then create in photoshop a new  300  x 300 pixel  tranparant gif.  Meaning its really a transparent background 300x300 .gif  with an 295 x 295 raised circle with some text written on it.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Steve66 on July-10-2007 at 12:58pm
Steve66
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
February-28-2007
39 Posts
Hi Dave,
I think you may have a point.
Maybe I took the Zenith/Nadir on the 5th click instead of the 6th, I was being rushed!!
I will have to try and re-take the images.
Cheers Dave for your detailed help.
Steve

Message posted by 360texas on July-10-2007 at 1:54pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Steve,

You really do not have to retake at the location.  I would suggest setting up right where you are at the moment. Keep the nearest object at least 2 feet from the tripod feet. Take 6 +1up on the 6th clickstop -  taking notes also might help later to recall what you did.

Process.. and use one of Easypano's sample "Floors".  Now examine the final panorama.  Let us know what happened

You of course have seen the 6 +2  video From Paris.  Count the click stops

http://www.fromparis.com/html/technical_us_create_a_quicktime_vr_in_10mnts.php

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register