Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Canon CR2 images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Susz on July-07-2007 at 3:26pm
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts

Am I missing something? I am trying to open up Canon CR2 RAW images into Photoshop as I have done previously using Nikon and all I get is a message saying the image is not the right sort of format. If I use the software that came with the camera it wants to process the images before I can open them up in Photoshop - What's the way round that? Can anyone enlighten me?

Message posted by simon on July-08-2007 at 8:10am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

Can only assume your Adobe Camera Raw file pre-dates the camera body and you just need to download a more recent version of ACR from Adobe.com.

Simon

Message posted by 360texas on July-08-2007 at 9:13am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm depends on what Canon camera model,  Version of Photoshop, Version of Adobe Camera Raw.

Photoshop 7  Adobe Camera Raw not available

Photoshop CS  Earlier versions of ACR

Photoshop CS2  ACR 3.7  Canon Rebel XT (350d), Canon 20d, Canon 5d

Photoshop CS3 ACR 4.0/4.1 Canon Rebel XT (350d), Canon 20d, Canon 5d

Here is a list of ACR's and DNG Converters

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Susz on July-08-2007 at 1:34pm
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts
So, does that mean for the Canon EOS Rebel XTi (400D) you need raw converter version 4 which is only compatible with CS3?

Message posted by 360texas on July-08-2007 at 1:52pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Here is the ACR 4.0 readme that shows the first entry for the 350d and 400d Camera list.  These 2 cameras were not on the ACR 3.7 camera list.

http://www.adobe.com/special/photoshop/camera_raw/Camera_Raw_4.0_ReadMe.pdf

Appears that you are correct.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-08-2007 at 3:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The correct version of Camera Raw for the Rebel XTi/400D and Photoshop CS2 is Adobe Camera Raw 3.7

The Camera Raw.8bi file should be placed in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats Directory/Folder (assuming you have Photoshop installed in the "Default" directory on your C drive)

All versions after 3.7 are to be used with Photoshop CS3

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on July-08-2007 at 5:14pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We have the 350d and it worked with 3.7 and CS2.  However, the 350d did not show up in Adobes list until ACR 4.0.  Go figure.

Smooth, do you know someone that has the 400d? and checked its .cr2 with CS2 with ACR3.7?

I also learned few days ago that ACR 4.0 and 4.1 works with Elements 4 and 5.  Only issue is that alot of the ACR features were disabled... like the LENS Color Abberation correction as well as batch correction.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-09-2007 at 5:10am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on July-08-2007

Smooth, do you know someone that has the 400d? and checked its .cr2 with CS2 with ACR3.7?

Yup, Susz.

I walked her through it last night and had a 400D/Rebel Xti .cr2 image sent to me to confirm. ACR 3.7 is correct with Photoshop CS2.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Susz on July-12-2007 at 12:50pm
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts

Thanks guys - works fine now with 3.7

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register