Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Can't View Flash Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ifgrenada on July-12-2007 at 9:45am
View ifgrenada's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ifgrenada Search   Visit ifgrenada's Homepage www   Quote ifgrenada Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ifgrenada
Standard Member
Standard Member
Grenada
July-12-2007
3 Posts
I can only view my finished panos in QuickTime. Each time I or anyone else tries to view the Flash version, there is a prompt to get the latest version of Flash, and there is no way to proceed further, even if you have the latest version installed.

Any advice?

Thanks

Message posted by 360texas on July-12-2007 at 10:39am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Last year or so.. Macromedia was bought by Adobe.  Adobe made some changes to the Flash player.  Suggest you uninstall your current version [even though it says it is uptodate] of Flash player and then reinstall the new player plugin and AciveX control.

Uninstall - save the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller for your operating system and follow the instructions on this page

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2

INstall Version 9,0,47,0

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

If that does not resolve your issue.. then its probably you need to tweak your settings to allow using ActiveX content.  In your Internet Explorer 6 browser select

TOOLS | Security | Custom Level |then find:  ActiveX controls and plug-ins  and "Enable  RUN ActiveX controls and plug-ins"

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ifgrenada on July-12-2007 at 12:49pm
View ifgrenada's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ifgrenada Search   Visit ifgrenada's Homepage www   Quote ifgrenada Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ifgrenada
Standard Member
Standard Member
Grenada
July-12-2007
3 Posts
yeagh Dave, I have done this, and have the current version, no-one can view it, could you please try?

http://www.ifgrenada.com/marina/

Message posted by 360texas on July-12-2007 at 2:44pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm interestingly I can not see your flash. 

Your link took me to the server folder where I saw \qtvr and \flash folders.  I clicked to see the qtvr folder... AND DID YOU REALLY CLIMB the mast and shoot the pano ?  WWWOWWW.....  Did you use a rig seat?  Yes we used to sail.  Had a 25' sloop.  Sold the sailboat and bought a computer and camera more headaches but less physical work.

If your Flash is same as your QTVR... I GOTTA SEE THIS in FLASH !

I did try building my own flash pano.  I can see mine.

You might revist the files and folders that you uploaded to your server to make sure you did upload all that is required.

\_scene
config.xml
getflashplayer.gif
index.html
pw.swf

swfobject.js
pano.html

pano.jpe

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ifgrenada on July-12-2007 at 3:04pm
ifgrenada
Standard Member
Standard Member
Grenada
July-12-2007
3 Posts
yeagh Dave, it is all there.

Is flash that much better to view than   QuickTime? I wouldn't know....haven't been able to use it!!!!!!!!

I did climb the mast with a climbing harness, not seat. A friend of mine is a rigger, and tailed me on a winch, but didn't bring a handle,..he says that's how real riggers do it,...climb and use the rope for safety. Well I'm not a real rigger, but had to climb as well.

So no other suggestions???? Support sems to be stumped as well. I guess maybe I should uninstall the program. Re-install the trial, and use my Serial #. Can I use it more than once?

Message posted by 360texas on July-12-2007 at 4:08pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Flash - is almost universal.  Most all computers have flash on their machine as a browser plugin.

QTVR - Quicktime user base expanded greatly with iPod users.

Can you zip marina.jpg and email it to me please?  I have a max email attachment of about 3 or 4 mb.   I will try to rebuild it on my machine.  Will send all back if it works.

email to dave AT 360Texas.com   replace the AT with @

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-12-2007 at 7:00pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Could be as simple as the way it was uploaded ASCII vs BINARY.

Check to see you uploaded in the correct mode.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on July-14-2007 at 5:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You should also check with your service provider that .jpe images are supported in the server MIME types.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Rob63 on July-16-2007 at 8:28pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I can view both Flash and Quicktime.  I'm on a newer Vista Laptop.  The Quicktime viewer is clearer/sharper.  I've yet to see a Flash viewer that looks as good as Quicktime, although I'm sure it exists somewhere.

Robert

Message posted by smooth on July-17-2007 at 2:46am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, but the problem is 20+ MB download for QT plug-in and 1MB for Flash.

Quicktime and Spherical Panorama display = 10+ years

Flash and Spherical Panorama display = 18 months tops

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register