Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Stitching Tilted in PW5.0 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jamesot on August-24-2007 at 9:54am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

I have heard several times that one can do a 3 shot pano and by tilting the  camera up 5deg you don't need a zenith shot.  I have tryed this but can not get it to stich right in PW5.0.  Is there a setting I have wrong? 

I am using canon 1ds Mark II and sigma 8 3.5 lens. I'm using the Agnos MrotatorTAS.  I'm shooting 3 shots. I have tryed the 5 deg tilt but can't get pano weiver 5.0 to stitch correctly unless it's perfectly level.  If I tilt up it misaligns some of the floor.  I can get flawless stitches out of PTgui 7.2 using the same pictures tho. 

Message posted by 360texas on August-24-2007 at 8:07pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi,  yes we were talking about tilt up on an Agnos RingT panorama head bracket.  This is suitable for fisheye images only.  We will be the first to agree that knowing exactly where visually 5 degress is measured.  The Agnos pan head does not have measurement markings on its pan head.

I am on Agnos's Mrotator page looking for "MrotatorTAS" Kit MrotatorT with bracket for Cylindrical "landscape" Standard panoramic images.  This pan head works only for cylinder with the camera Landscape orientation  not portrait camera orientation and spherical panoramas.

So this advice will not help you.

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W962570500000754739561668799&v_categ_lista=PR001-00007&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORTAS&v_vai_primo_art=SI

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by tturner on August-25-2007 at 12:05am
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Hello Jemesot,

If I am correct on your camera it has a full 35mm sensor and not the cropped sensor like most DSLR's.  With this setup you do not need to tilt up because you should get a full circular fisheye image.  Do you have the lens cap ring off while you are shooting? This could be cropping your image even with the full sensor but not sure.

Good Luck
TTurner

Message posted by 360texas on August-25-2007 at 10:40am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

YES,  sorry,  the Canon 1ds Mark II is a 36 x 24 mm CMOS (full 35 mm frame).  Its a little bit like the 5d.  Should have looked the Mark II up on dpreview before providing comment.

NO TILT required.

Yes,  the Sigma 8mm lens cap is a 2 part device.  1 cap and 1 friction fit ring.  Both must be removed to get the full 180 view.  If you do not remove the ring you only get 120 field of view.

With my Canon 5d full 35mm sensor,  I still shoot 4 images [habit from using the 20d].  In Panoweaver you CAN select option for stitching 4 barrel type images using full circle images and it will stitch properly. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by jamesot on August-26-2007 at 1:17am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

Thanks Dave.  I have been shooting 3 shots and tryed 4 shots as well.  With PW5.0 they stitch up great as long as I have the camera level but there is still a small zenith spot that I have to edit out or cap.  I tryed 3 shot with a 5 deg upward tilt got stitching errors on the floor but no zenith on the ceiling.  Using PTgui 7.2 I can get a great stitch with no zenith and the floor is great to.  I was hoping that I have something setup wrong in PW5.0 so I can get the same effect as in PTgui.  I would like to use PW5.0 because I can save the perameter and it's very quick for me to go through a whole shot and stitch.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register