Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Upload Files To Customer Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on September-14-2007 at 3:52pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Just want to drop in and check with the pano experts on an upcoming job.  I will be doing several tours located about a two hour drive away from home base.  Once the tours are complete I am to work with their webmaster on uploading the files.

Can I request a temporary ftp account from him to upload too? 

How have many of you done this?

Thanks,
Pixel

Message posted by tturner on September-14-2007 at 6:59pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

I am working on a project where I am sending many files to the client.  We found the best solution was for me to zip the files together and then place them on my website.  I then created a link page that only the client knows about and they download the zips from there.  We discussed using their ftp site but there IT folks we not big on an "outsider" having access & there were only certain times of the day for some reason that it was accessible.  Our solution worked out fine because I had the control of uploading whenever I was ready and they could download at there leisure.  I did not password protect the page because the content was not really usable to others.  After the client retrieves the files I then take them down to save space and back them up here for safety.

Hope that helps..
TTurner

Message posted by 360texas on September-15-2007 at 10:45am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I do the same as TTurner. We typically create a demo webpage for the client to review and email approve the final work.  Then Upload to my server with a page link to download the completed .zipped files.  Then I work out the details over the telephone about how to integrate the work into their website. 

Process has worked very well as I maintain access control of work in progress until client email approval.  Then ftp final work zip link.  Yes, I also create an archive DVD of final work and US Mail it to them for backup.   It makes sense that after the client has paid for a product, they should have something to hold in their hand or file away with the final 'paid in full' invoice file cabinet.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-20-2007 at 2:42pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Thanks tturner and 360tex,

The website company that will be hosting the tours actually have a file upload link.  Max size 32meg.

Going to give it a try.  As well as make the DVD of the final project (great idea).

Anyway, going Sunday to shoot 3 of the 5 cabins.  Cabins and site can be seen here.  I'll keep you posted with my progress.  Wish me luck - I'm nervous.

Thanks guys,
Pixel

Message posted by 360texas on September-20-2007 at 6:11pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Not nervous... just go for it. If this is a 1 visit event...with no return opportunity I would suggest while there.. take many panoramas in each room... outside etc.  Have fun doing bracketed images.  Later just select the best of the best !!!

Have a good weekend ! AND DO let us know how it all turned out.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on September-21-2007 at 10:30am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Pixel

Congratulation on the job. It is great feeling getting a new customer, and even greater feeling when the job is well done.

I can share some advice that might help you calm your nerves. In the beginning I was very nervous that I might make a mistake on the location. So I made a check list with my workflow that I could go through step by step to make sure I did not make any mistakes. It helped me a great deal. I also asked to be left alone in the rooms. Then there was no pressure (don't know if that is spelled correct) and I could focus on taking the pictures.

Just like Dave suggest, I would also suggest that you take a lot of pictures from different locations in the room. For instance the outcome will look way different if you place your camera by the door (being able to see the vies outside the door, and the room looks bigger) then if you place the camara in the middle of the room.

Once more congratulation on the job.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register