Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: QTime Pan Initial View Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Susz on September-14-2007 at 4:20pm
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts
Has anyone else come across the problem of setting the initial view for pan in QTime? If you want to change the setting for this view it will show in the preview window but not when you publish. This seems to only apply to QTime. Am i missing something?

Message posted by 360texas on September-14-2007 at 6:01pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Susz,

We found the same issue trying to setup the PAN initial view. 

I think its a matter of knowing where the starting position is located.  In java.. the X,Y  initial view 0 mark is located 50% from the left and 50% down from the top of the image.  OR dead center of the image.

Using other software.. QTVR... the X,Y inital view is located from the upper left corner of the image.  So the X,y  or 0,0 is upper left corner of rectilinear image.

I did check Panoweaver 5  HELP and used SEARCH word "PAN"  and while it returned with a definitions.. it did not tell me where 0,0 mark is for QTVR.

The issue is:  when we position the initial view in the preview screen.. the resultant QTVR initial view is almost in another location on the horizon.   Can't figure out where to compensate postion locations in the viewer.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on October-03-2007 at 4:22pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

BUMP -   Had another  Panoweaver customer ask this same question today.  Anyone know the answer to this issue?

Does the tourweaver positioning take precedence over the initial view set in panoweaver publish function?

Yes, I did look in the HELP but it does not address this issue.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2007 at 1:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Ultimately Panoweaver's output to Quicktime is a convenience bonus offering of the program it is not a Quicktime authoring tool as such. The job of Panoweaver is to do the stitching.

That said, you can attempt to find the start position of your liking buy offsetting the stitched panorama image.

Photoshop>Filters>Others>Offset (Wrap Around "Checked") and use the slider to move the horizontal wrap.

After doing this, import the panorama images and then re-publish to .mov

Pain in the rear really! But that does work. Better in my opinion to buy some cheap purposely Quicktime Authoring software that has "Initial View" setting options in place. Where you pan in a Quicktime movie to the view you would like "Start" or "Initial View" and set these parameters and then publish.

Asking Easypano for this to be added in future releases as a "Wanted Feature" would be a good idea.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-04-2007 at 3:29am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Photoshop>Filters>Others>Offset (Wrap Around "Checked") and use the slider to move the horizontal wrap.

Thanks for teaching me this. It is a very usefull feature that I did not know about. Thank you for sharing.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on October-04-2007 at 9:12am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

From past experience:

I have learned that java applet viewer likes the zero mark to be on the horizon (50% down from image top) and 50% from image left side.

I also have learned that QTVR's zero starting point is on the horizon or 50% down from top and  full left image edge.

This is why I asked the question "where is the center initial view starting  mark"

If you are using Photoshop's wrap tool, I suspect you are moving your 'initial view' location to the center of the image... then panoweaver publishing the QTVR

I reading the Tourweaver 2 HELP I did learn that while inserting the panorama.. you again have a tilt up/down - zoom in/out - and initial view tool bar. 

If you go to the trouble of photoshop offset wrap to put your initial view in the image center,   then incorporate that qtvr into TW  where again you have the option of determining image center.  Will the TW initial view take precedence over PW QTVR initial view.

I only use Panoweaver 5.  I am only asking because other people are asking me...  Guess I need a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by randalltomes on October-20-2007 at 4:18am
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

This can done with a little javascript in your web page.

http://208.23.222.121/viewtour.aspx?tour=surgeryroom&pan=340

Message posted by smooth on October-20-2007 at 4:59am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Seems to work well. Not very suitable to the newbies but if your keen here is the code.

Still, I think it is better just to use a Quicktime Authoring program. 

AutoRotateQTVR.js

<script language=javascript src=AutoRotateQTVR.js></script>

window.setTimeout("AutoRotateQTVR()",2000)
 var lastpan=null
 var lasttilt=null
 var tiltinc=1
 var donttilt=false;
 var maxtilt=50;
 function AutoRotateQTVR(){
  var obj=null
  var p;
  var t;
  try{
   if(document.all){
    obj=document.getElementsByTagName('object')[0]
   }else{
    obj=document.embeds[0]
   }

if(obj.GetMovieSize()==0){
    return;

}
    if(obj.GetMovieSize()!=obj.GetMaxBytesLoaded()){
     return;
    }

p=obj.GetPanAngle()
   t=obj.GetTiltAngle()
  }catch(err){
   return;
  }

if (lastpan!=null){
   if(lastpan!=p)return
  }
  if (lasttilt!=null){
   if(lasttilt!=t)return
  }

p=p+1
  if(p>=360)p=0

if(t>=maxtilt){
   tiltinc=-1
  }
  if(t<=-maxtilt){
   tiltinc=1
  }
  t=t+(tiltinc*(maxtilt/65))
  obj.SetPanAngle(p)
  if(!donttilt){
   try{
    obj.SetTiltAngle(t)
   }catch(err){
    obj.SetTiltAngle(t-1)
    maxtilt=t-1
   }
  }

lastpan=obj.GetPanAngle()
  lasttilt=obj.GetTiltAngle()
  //document.body.childNodes[document.body.childNodes.length-2].innerHTML=obj.GetIsVRMovie()
  window.setTimeout("AutoRotateQTVR()",200)

}

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register