Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: FC-e9 to sigma 8mm Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by adavis2 on September-19-2007 at 8:31pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

I have a quick question about upgrading from fc-e9 to sigma 8mm.  I currently have the agnos mrotatorb for the fc-e9, and looking to use agnos' tcpshort with the sigma 8mm.  the question i have, if there's anyone that already has this setup could you tell me if it'd be possible to just purchase the tcpshort bracket and use the rotator off the mrotatorb (fc-e9).  If so this will cut the cost drastically and put the upgrade back into my pricerange.

thanks in advance!

Message posted by adavis2 on September-19-2007 at 9:05pm
View adavis2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by adavis2 Search   Quote adavis2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

I think i may have the answer to my own question... but could someone confirm.  It appears that my "clickstops" are at every 60 degrees.  At what degrees does the tcpshort click at? I'm thinking this might be the biggest difference.

thanks

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2007 at 1:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can use the Agnos RotatorMbase and the TCShort Bracket or TCPShort Bracket (with the Pro having the Manfrotto #323 Quick Release).

The advantage of the RotatorTbase is the ability to change click stops and it also has a lock.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by adavis2 on September-20-2007 at 2:53pm
adavis2
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-12-2005
46 Posts

Thanks!

One more thing, do you know the needed click-stops for shooting sigma8 with rebelxt? 

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2007 at 3:03pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

4 at 90 degrees or 8 and use every second click stop at 45 degrees.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on February-06-2008 at 4:43pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

I'm assuming this would be the same for the D300? Sorry about being dim...

Thanks

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on February-06-2008 at 11:12pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes the same.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register