Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Help removing a tripod Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 4:11am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand at removing this tripod from the scene? I forgot to take a hand held nadir shot.   Here are the three images I took.

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/HelpRemoveTheTripod.zip

Heres what the shot will look like Still a work in progress ,but that tripod really stands out.

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/tower/Tower.htm

Thank you,
                                                         Chris

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2007 at 5:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You didn't leave a lot to work with as far as floor detail but he is my take on it.

The extra shadowing adds to realism and takes the emphasis off the tripod area directly.

If you would like the full size version I will pass it on I just need an email address.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on October-23-2007 at 7:52am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Wow!  Awesome smooth!

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 12:13pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Wow way better than what I got. You are the Master LOL

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/tower/Tower.htm

Thank you very much.
              Chris

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 12:25pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Yea If you could send the full size to me that would be wonderful
lakeareavt@yahoo.com

Thanks

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2007 at 12:36pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chris,

Your job is not so bad (at least it is your work) the only way to learn and improve is by "doing". You really need to sort that horizon out now.

It is a good shot. Begs the question where and what is it you have climbed? A water tank?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 1:06pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Its an old Fire Tower Its located in a town called Camdenton Missouri about 20min from where I live.

Here another shot I took from the tower the previous day. Its a little farther down on the tower than the last shot I showed. I was trying to catch a sunset but, caught a storm coming in instead. It was really windy I mean really WINDY. So I didn't want to climb any higher.

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/Flickr/BeforetheStorm2.htm

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2007 at 1:50pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chris,

Buggered if I would have climbed it even on a still day! I'm not a fan of heights.

Mate, you have an obvious talent for shooting a nice scenes and picking good composition. This is a talent that could be made the most of with some correction in your technique or work flow.

Please don't take what I say the wrong way. I tell you this in the hope I can help you to even better panoramas and photography in general.

Your "Before the Storm" panorama like most others you have displayed have bad horizon problems and I find them a little too over saturated in colour. This I feel will be a result of your work flow (and possible stitching software operation). I can only take an educated guess that you are not using Panoweaver. Because Panoweaver would not allow the horizon issue.

When panning your panoramas the scene goes up and down like riding in a boat on the ocean.

Shown below is your bendy horizon and my corrected version of your image.

Even after I have corrected it for level. It then becomes obvious that you must have Photoshoped the image along the horizon to try and compensate and really this has made an easy correction all that harder.  

Really what needs to be learned before putting your heart and soul (and many editing hours) is to correct your work flow so you can eliminate this error in your future panorama shooting/stitching.

If you would like some help with this I'm happy to give you some guidance.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 2:53pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Yes, I totally agree with you. I just started photography and shooting panos a year ago and I think I'm trying to advance to fast. I need to take a couple steps back and learn some of the fundamentals. So I appreciate the constructive criticism.   

I don't know if I can mention the other competitors but the stitching software I use rhymes with PT Lui    I have also noticed the bad horizon and some others have pointed it out to me as well. I dont understand why I'm getting this horizon problem. I use the NN3 and I spent about 5 min. before each shot trying to get the stupid bubble on the NN3 in the circle so the NN3 is level.
I use photomatrix for a lot of my shots especially on cloud shots like the "Before the storm"
My Work flow :

Make sure Nodal Ninja is level
Shoot all images in RAW
Process in Photomatix save as tiff
Fix Nadir in Photo Shop
Stitch in PT Lui
Post process in Photo Shop
Results Nice Scene BAD horizon

I remember you saying that You dont alway Need to use HDR
So I took your advice and got some pretty good natural results.
Heres One I did with just RAw images and a little tweaking in PS.
http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/Flickr/MuddyStream.htm

I think the horizon looks ok in this scene.

Any help would be much appreciated.
                         Thanks Smooth
                                  Chris
P.S could you email that nadir shot to me?

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2007 at 3:22pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Chris,

Email has just been sent with the nadir shot via www.yousendit.com

Leveling the Nodal Ninja is a very good start for sure. Be sure ONLY to set the level at the 0 degree position and DO NOT re-level in subsequent shots. Only position one should be set at level. This is a good rule for Panoweaver and all other stitching software.

Applying some T2 control points will sort out your leveling issues via the stitching. It is also possible by dragging the image in the editor and not using T2 or T1 control points, though not quite as accurate. Use the large "Cross Hairs" in the editor Ctrl+E as a guide. (Put some time into learning this) 

Hmm, HDR that is what I'm seeing in your panoramas :O( as you know I'm not a fan of this "if" it takes away the natural look. The colours are still to over saturated (even in the last one you have posted a link for) but it does have a level horizon :O)

You are only a couple of hours away from fixing your work flow and your life not to mention your panoramas will improve.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register