Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Need help fixing stiching problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-23-2007 at 7:56pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi every body.

I am working on a new tour that is supposed to be the new flag ship of my company - but I can't stitch one of the scenes properly :(

I use panoweaver 5.0 - shooting 4+t with a canon 5d and sigma 8mm f3.5
I have inserted serveral additional control points - but no matter what I do - I just can't get rid of the last stitching error. You can see the jpg file here: www.wideeyes.dk/wideeyes.dk/temp/stitchingproblem.jpg  

It is just so frustrating, and I can't imagine what else I can do to fix the problem - other then trying to retouch it in PS. If anybody has any other idea how to fix it, I will gladly hear from you. I am even willingly to pay somebody to help me solve my problem.

Oh yes - one more problem. As you can see from the jpg I have a huge "floor" problem. I find it strange as I was very careful setting up the equipment. I then guessed that maybe I had forgotten to remove all of the lense cap, but the images are a full circle - so now I jsut don't know what caused it. All suggestions are more then welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Morten   

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 10:54pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
The link isn't working?

Message posted by daugaard47 on October-23-2007 at 10:59pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Ah I got it to work

http://www.wideeyes.dk/temp/stitchingproblem.jpg

I get those errors all the time too I just try and touch it up in photo shop the best I can.

Message posted by smooth on October-24-2007 at 12:40am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Can't do much without the source files.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-24-2007 at 2:56am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

I know but I was reluctant to upload the source files as they are very big.

But you can find them here www.wideeyes.dk/temp/smooth.zip

Thanks Smooth

@ Chris

I also have this problem a lot. But honestly it is just not acceptable if you want to sell high quality tours. And considering the amount of money I have invested in my equipment it should be able to do better. So it must be me who is doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what :(

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by smooth on October-24-2007 at 4:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Morten,

What have you done?

You are not even close to the NPP in fact you are so far off it is a credit to Panoweaver that the stitch is as good as it is.

What have you done to these "master" photo's? The exif data has been removed and appears you have tried some HDR that hasn't worked.

It is not impossible to stitch these images but it will take quite a bit of work and would have to be done outside of an automatic stitcher. Really you would be way better off re-shooting the scene with the panohead set up correctly.

I would have thought you would have had this well and truly under control after all this time.

Anyway, the answer is (to your stitching issue's) that your camera/lens is NOT set up on the panohead correctly and thus is NOT rotating around the NPP.

Believe me when I tell you, your issue's are problems from the operator (you!) but all fixable.....  

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-24-2007 at 10:42am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

It is new equipment that I am still not familiar with - but I am actually glad to recieve your critique. This means that I can still improve - and I always want to get better.

I would be very thankfull if you would tutor me and help me improve my workflow.

As for the master photos, they are blended shots from photomatix.

You can contact me at morten@wideeeyes.dk - please let know when and how the tuition could be arranged. 

Once again thank you for your help.

Best regards

Morten 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by smooth on October-24-2007 at 2:02pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Morten,

The email I sent you at your listed email address was returned undeliverable?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-24-2007 at 8:16pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

That is very strange. The email address info@wide-eyes.dk should work just fine. Actually I have just tested it by sending my self an email from an online email account. It worked fine - so I can't imagine why you are having problems.

If you don't mind, please forward the email to morten@wideeyes.dk or perhaps my online email mortenhjem@forum.dk

Thanks

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by jmeier on October-28-2007 at 1:53pm
View jmeier's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jmeier Search   Visit jmeier's Homepage www   Quote jmeier Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jmeier
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-28-2007
4 Posts
Hey there!  Yeah, that tripod head isn't set up right.  There are actually several places in the panorama that have mis-aligned overlaps.  Mostly under the cabinets, etc...  I currently use an 11-18 mm Tamron lens, and far more pictures, but I'm loooking to upgrade to a fisheye and get away with 5 shots to do the trick.  Keep plugging away, but first things first, get that nodal point right!

-------------
- Jeremy Meier

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register