Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sigma 8mm F3.5 & 20D Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by randalltomes on November-09-2007 at 2:40pm
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

Will the Sigma 8mm F3.5 & 20D work for panoweaver 5.

Coming from a Coolpix and converter lense. When version 4 came out I had no issues with seems again. That was with my homemade rotator.

Now I am using a Canon 20D and Sigma 8mm F3.5 and a KingPano rotator. I have made the camera is adjusted good and level on the rotator. (Not 100% sure were the center rotating point of Sigma is at)

Just doing a simple 4 drum tour I keep getting bad seems. I notice with the Sigma 8mm F3.5 that the tops and bottoms are cliped a little bit. I have seen examples of the F4 and they are not clipped. Also the image is slighty out center from left to right ( or top to bottom when you turn it vertical).

Before I go further trying to figure out what is going on I want to make sure Easypano 5 will support the Canon 20D with the Sigma 8mm F3.5 for 4 Drum Spherical tours.

Message posted by smooth on November-09-2007 at 11:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The answer is 100% yes.

Be sure to remove both parts of the lens cap.

You are right the F/3.5 on the 20D does clip the top and bottom slightly. Tilt the lens up by around 5% and this will close the zenith hole when stitching. In turn it will open the nadir hole more but you will have to patch or cap the tripod area anyway.

If the NPP is set correctly your stitch should be close to perfect and not need manual control points in 95%+ cases.

Do NOT re-level between shots. Perfect level is needed on position one only at the set up of the panorama sequence.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register