Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: ceilings and floors? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by funkgritty on November-14-2007 at 8:17pm
View funkgritty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkgritty Search   Visit funkgritty's Homepage www   Quote funkgritty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkgritty
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-26-2007
6 Posts
Would some of you experienced pano-gurus be open to sharing some GENERAL tips for shooting floors and ceilings that stitch well?

I'm new to spherical panos so I don't have any samples or specific questions...just a couple of panos with ceilings and floors (shot for the first time) that are NEVER going to match up in a million years!

If this is impossible with so little info, I understand. I'm just looking for some general tips and sooting strategies. Thanks in advance!

-fg

-------------
-FG
Cary Virtual Tours

Message posted by smooth on November-14-2007 at 10:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You should be using a quality panohead with the ability to shoot at -90 and +90 like the Agnos MrotatorTCPS or Nodal Ninja with the lens correctly aligned over the NPP. If this is set up correctly Panoweaver 5.0 should have no problem stitching the Zenith and Nadir images.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on November-15-2007 at 8:54am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Smooth and -fg,  I also think that the zenith and nadir image should be taken on the 4th clickstop.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on November-15-2007 at 9:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360texas on November-15-2007

Smooth and -fg,  I also think that the zenith and nadir image should be taken on the 4th clickstop.

Yes that would be true if you were shooting at 90 degrees. You should shoot your Zenith and Nadir shots in your final rotational position. That is, the final click stop in your rotation sequence.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on November-16-2007 at 3:44am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Perhaps you can tell us your set-up? I bet that will make it easier for people with the same equipment to give you the correct advice.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by funkgritty on November-19-2007 at 7:40pm
View funkgritty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkgritty Search   Visit funkgritty's Homepage www   Quote funkgritty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkgritty
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-26-2007
6 Posts
Wide Eyes -
We're using an Olympus E300 with an 8mm Olympus Zukio Digital Fisheye lens - 1:3,5 (You'll have to excuse my ignorance. I'm a designer. My better half is actually the photographer!), a Nodal Ninja and a decent tripod though I have no idea what brand it is. = )

-------------
-FG
Cary Virtual Tours

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register