Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Sigma 4.5mm EX DC Circular Fisheye HSM !! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Phil-IV on November-16-2007 at 4:38pm
View Phil-IV's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Phil-IV Search   Quote Phil-IV Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

180 lens for digital slr aps format !!! what for a good new !!!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0711/07111402sigma45fish.asp

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3336&navigator=6

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by smooth on November-16-2007 at 11:22pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

By the sounds of it, it will be very good news for those with the smaller sensor DSLR's like the D40 and 400D etc allowing for just three shots like you would if using a Nikon Coolpix.

The big question will be what it does when fitted to a full frame sensor camera like the Canon 5D, 1Ds etc. Maybe two shots? Will depend on clarity.

We await news on a release date and a price.

Very interesting!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadkillron on November-17-2007 at 4:16am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Hmmm...

180 degree rocks in my book, yet to experience Sigma though - I use FC-E9 - I have been saving for a 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye. I think I should keep saving for a 4.5mm F2.8 EX DC Circular Fisheye???

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Phil-IV on November-17-2007 at 6:23am
View Phil-IV's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Phil-IV Search   Quote Phil-IV Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on November-16-2007

By the sounds of it, it will be very good news for those with the smaller sensor DSLR's like the D40 and 400D etc allowing for just three shots like you would if using a Nikon Coolpix.

The big question will be what it does when fitted to a full frame sensor camera like the Canon 5D, 1Ds etc. Maybe two shots? Will depend on clarity.

We await news on a release date and a price.

Very interesting!

Regards, Smooth

Fitted on a 5D Body (24x36 sensor) I think you'll get a cirdular image, like the one you get with the sigma 8mm, but smaller, with black all around. Low interest.

The own indicated price I've seen is 120000 yens, it means 1087 USD or 743, cheaper tha 5DBody + 8mm Sigma !

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by rfh12002 on November-24-2007 at 6:33am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Looks very nice - I've been holding off buying a fisheye for my new D300 (which arrived yeserday - whoohoooo) and this is very interesting as it uses less shots.

I've posted a very belated thanks for all the help I was given with my 'what fisheye' question earlier this month.

One thing - I'm sure DigitalRev, who sold me the D300, said that Sigma HSM lenses have issues with the D200 which needs some kind of free upgrade.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by Phil-IV on January-14-2008 at 6:19am
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

Here are some sample shots : http://www.pbase.com/roygypsy/circular_fisheye

but not qtvr samples

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by smooth on January-14-2008 at 9:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Looks to be quite bad with Vignetting.

Though it is hard to say without having access to a full size RAW .cr2 or .nef file

I would also like to see how much of the small DSLR sensor it is not using.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by taczer on January-24-2008 at 12:32pm
View taczer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by taczer Search   Quote taczer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
taczer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
April-05-2007
10 Posts
a few high-res samples

Message posted by smooth on January-24-2008 at 12:44pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vignetting looks minimal which is good (just like the Sigma 8 f/3.5) Chromatic Aberration is quite evident but easy to correct in ACR. Seems a complete waste of sensor pixels and because of this you are far better off with a Sigma 8mm and drum images on a APS-C sensor. All that BLACK is just a waste.

The fact the price is almost twice that of the Sigma 8mm another good reason to avoid it. You would need a very good reason in my opinion to buy a 4.5mm over an 8mm or 10mm.

Thanks for sharing your link and I assume your images..

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Phil-IV on January-24-2008 at 4:54pm
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

The best reason is... faster !

Faster taking shots (only 3 instead of 4+top), even with people on the photo, faster and easier stitching.

Another good reason is making panos in small spaces, inside a car for instance.

And with the (announced) 450D, you'll get 12Mpix. I've tried panos with 5D + Sigma 8mm : very nice, very accurate pano.

So I think I'll buy one...

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register