Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Floor/Ceiling caps design Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on November-25-2007 at 6:11pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys,

so I tend to keep a work file for all aspects of panoramic photography, work arounds, solutions I found that worked for me etc. I erased a couple and am looking to make a new floor cap. I 've totally forgotton how I made the last one... in particular how I stopped the jaggered edge of my new PS design.

So I thought it might be a good time to ask people about their workflows there as I'm surly not the only one who'd like a perfectly round caps ;-) Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on November-26-2007 at 8:56am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
300 x 300 Photoshop raised circle transparent background gif.    Great place for client advertising.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-27-2007 at 1:54pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi Dave,

yeah I can create a circle in PS and the transparent gif I also recal. However, I'm getting  slight jaggered edges of the circle, even if i go down to pixel level. I did create a few... quie some years ago... the edges were pefectly straight no jags even close up

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on November-27-2007 at 3:01pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

well sure you are going to see some jaggered edges of the circle... but they will be at the 1:1 pixel level.  Typically a visitor does not zoom in that far.

You might try matching ground/ floor surface color around the circles edge using a Gif  mat color... if your background is brown.. then use a brown mat around the object edge where it touches the background.  For example,  our 360texas.com logo below is sitting on a white mat matching a white background.  General appearance is that is a nicely formed circle.. no jaggies.

Sometimes I put in a drop shadow... gives the appearance that the circle is floating about the ground/ floor.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Devendra Bagwe on January-01-2008 at 7:21pm
View Devendra Bagwe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Devendra Bagwe Search   Quote Devendra Bagwe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Devendra Bagwe
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-03-2007
11 Posts

Hi,
To avoid jaggered edges of the circle, I opened the Pano image in photo shop, the circular edge becomes a staright line in pano image. Then fileld paint on the thin horizontal line ( the circle boundary), this worked. The edited image was used for production.
Cheers
Dev
easy2view.com.au

-------------
Dev

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register